Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Ceramic over PPF questions...............

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 01:19 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Ceramic over PPF questions...............

Does anyone know the best product to take oils and contaminants off of freshly installed PPF before applying a ceramic coating over it?

I've thought of using a 40:1 mix of Isopropyl Alcohol and water with a microfiber towel. The other side is to just do a blue dawn dish washing soap wash and dry on it and then dry it.

I'm new to this PPF stuff and have quite a bit to learn yet and would Appreciate any insight/thoughts/info that you'd be willing to share with me.

Thanks in advance!

By the way, has anyone used GTechniq Halo ceramic coating on their PPF and if so, how do you like it? I'm thinking of using the Halo on the PPF and the crystal serum light on the rest of the car without the PPF on it.
Old 10-25-2022, 09:14 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,034 Likes on 609 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by FreddyG
Does anyone know the best product to take oils and contaminants off of freshly installed PPF before applying a ceramic coating over it?
Wash w a good Ph neutral shampoo like Gyeon Bathe, wipe down with panel prep such as Gyeon Prep and good to go.

Enjoy!
Old 10-25-2022, 10:37 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
Wash w a good Ph neutral shampoo like Gyeon Bathe, wipe down with panel prep such as Gyeon Prep and good to go.

Enjoy!
Thank You! I Appreciate the help!
The following users liked this post:
BudgetPlan1 (10-26-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 11:36 PM
Chukman
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts

For stubborn marks, bugs & track rubber, I use Griot's Track Spray to clean my PPF and then apply Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic spray wax. Makes the PPF very hydrophobic and easy to clean the next time.

Get notified of new replies

To Ceramic over PPF questions...............

Quick Reply: Ceramic over PPF questions...............