Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Chemical Guys car care products? Hype or worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Zo62018A8
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

Default Chemical Guys car care products? Hype or worth it?

They have a lot of videos on youtube but are they better than the other stuff like Meguiars when it comes to car wash shampoo, wheel cleaners etc?
Old 02-12-2018, 04:12 PM
charley95
Le Mans Master

Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

Adam's Polishes is the way to go! He has videos for about every product he sells. His H20 Guard & Gloss is an awesome product along with his Ceramic Boost on top of that.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:36 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,238 Likes on 1,590 Posts

You can't make a blanket statement claiming "ABC" brand is better or worse than everyone else. There are a gazillion product manufacturers offering a gazillion different products for a gazillion different uses. To make a claim that one is better than another, you need to make a fair comparison of similar products. Even then, in most cases, the differences between the brands is so minute that most people will not see any difference. For example, there are some people who claim that Adam's Buttery Wax (carnauba + polymers) at $20 per bottle is better than Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech Wax (carnauba + polymers) at $10 per bottle. I have used both, and can't see any difference in gloss, depth, or the time needed before needing another application. Hence, I choose the Meguiar's because it is half the price and available at any store.

Yes, Chemical Guys makes great stuff. No, not ALL of their stuff is better than everyone else's. My advice is to read the online reviews of each manufacturer's products individually before buying. Doing that has saved me money, and saved me from choosing an inferior product over another.

My detailing products are mixed, but the majority come from the Meguiar's professional lines, as I tend to buy in bulk. However, I do use a variety. My products include...

Meguiar's
Pinnacle
McKee's 37
Poorboy's World
Honest Wash
The following users liked this post:
DWillys (02-25-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Inferno24
Racer

Received 311 Likes on 137 Posts

I have many products from Chemical Guys, Griots Garage and Adam's Polishes on my detailing cart in the garage. I find them all to be similar in quality and effectiveness. When any of them have their 25% to 30 % off sales that is usually where I buy from at the time.

Last edited by Inferno24; 02-12-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:58 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

I use some of CG stuff and like it. I’ve tried many brands over the years and now mostly stick to CG and Adams for car products and Collinite for the boat.
The one and only thing I don’t like about CG is that they have a lot of overlapping products and it’s sometimes difficult to choose among them from information on their website.
They really should narrow down their line and explain the difference in their products better on their website.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:05 PM
fairlydangerous1
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Happy with my CG stuff. Micro towels suck the water off the car like 2 dollar.....

Anyways, no complaints here.
The following users liked this post:
az57chevy (03-08-2018)
Old 03-05-2018, 01:53 PM
RyanC7
Le Mans Master

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts

I use their pads and got a good deal on their TORQ DA with a 13 piece set on amazon. Like others, I use multiple brands, the only chemicals I use from them is the pad conditioner and the pad cleaner since it came with my DA kit.

I use Meguiars and Wolfgang stuff mainly M105 / Ultimate compound / M21. Clay bars are clay bars to me so pick a winner, I think the last one I got was a mothers brand. I hear good things about the Adams as well.

Last edited by RyanC7; 03-05-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:08 AM
az57chevy
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Chemical Guys offers quality products, but a wise man once told me the final result is mostly caused by the human touch, not the product choice.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:59 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by az57chevy
Chemical Guys offers quality products, but a wise man once told me the final result is mostly caused by the human touch, not the product choice.
It's the chief not the arrow. I have their detailing spray and find it adequate. I also have a bottle of Adams and the Zaino detailers as well. I really can't see much of a difference on my black car. I find that the towels are more important. That is where I spend my money. Again, many opinions. What I have learned over the years is the more ways/products there are available to do a job, the less likely any one of them is truly superior.

Get notified of new replies

To Chemical Guys car care products? Hype or worth it?

Quick Reply: Chemical Guys car care products? Hype or worth it?