Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Brushes that are safe to use on black painted wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 07:14 PM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Brushes that are safe to use on black painted wheels

I got a few different sizes of the red EZ Speed Master wheel brush (the ones with red bristles - http://www.autogeek.net/daytona-speed-master-pro.html), then decided to hold off on using them unless someone can confirm that they're safe to use without risk of scratching black painted wheels? Has anyone here tried them? Specifically, I'm looking for something to use the black C7 Z51 wheels.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:41 PM
slapshot12
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

I have the large and small one, but I've only used them on chrome GMC & Corvette wheels and standard gray 335i wheels. For normal cleaning, I don't think you'll have to worry. I would test a small spot first. They are pretty soft when wet.

I only use the small one on my GS due to the limited clearance between the brakes and rim.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:47 AM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use wheel woolies, they work great for me but have not tried them on painted wheels.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:28 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

The clearcoat used on wheels is often thicker that traditional paint and may not be as apt to show scratching. You can certainly use paint polish on wheels when wanted to polish them also. If you are looking for best offering for paint cleansing, you will find natural hair and boars hair brushes suggested most. They are expensive and should be stored after use with care for a long life.

http://www.autogeek.net/apbrus.html
Wheel Woolies and Montana offer some .....

Get notified of new replies

To Brushes that are safe to use on black painted wheels

Quick Reply: Brushes that are safe to use on black painted wheels