Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Microfiber Cloths

Old 08-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Location: The only state to ever kick another country's ass! TEXAS
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Microfiber Cloths

Was thinking about trying some Pakshak microfiber cloths since they come highly recommended. I use my cloths for waterless wash more than anything else, and it seems that a lot of people recommend the ultra plush cloths, but my experience is that they are too soft and don't remove the product like the shorter pile cloths, leaving the car wet. They feel like they are easier on the surface but don't clean as well. Others seem to recommend waffle weave cloths for waterless wash. Was curious as to what others experience has been.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:16 AM
stu12dozen
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get excellent results using cotton bath towels.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:43 AM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For waterless I use waffle weave. Do not use cotton, you will swirl you paint pretty good with those.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:23 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Very good company and a great reputation. We also offer some of the best MF towels in the business, and a forum discount too.

http://www.autogeek.net/mictow.html

Please remember that there are different towels (size, thickness) for different areas of car care. Don't purchase just one and expect it to be perfect for all environments.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:15 PM
ASPHALT ROCKET
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have hundreds of towels from PakShak. Awesome towels.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by envyz06
For waterless I use waffle weave. Do not use cotton, you will swirl you paint pretty good with those.
Thanks. That's the kind if info I'm looking for. It seems some thought I was asking about the quality of Pakshak towels. To clarify I'm asking what your cloth type preference is for waterless wash.

Oh, and I would never use cotton. I've been using microfiber for years, and since I'm getting some new ones, I wanted to ask what others prefer. I may try a few different ones before I buy multiples of any certain ones.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:15 PM
stu12dozen
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Then I find it strange that the makers of Zaino products recommend the use of cotton towels.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:25 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stu12dozen
Then I find it strange that the makers of Zaino products recommend the use of cotton towels.
Thanks for the info. Respectfully though, my question is about microfiber cloths. Not interested in a debate here about whether cotton is good or not. Might be a great topic for another thread, but doesn't help here.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:07 AM
stu12dozen
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry, I wasn't trying to start a debate. You asked, "Was curious as to what others experience has been" and I answered that I use cotton towels (instead of microfiber). I didn't realize that your question pertained to microfiber use only.

In an actual debate, one needs to provide facts or supporting evidence, of which I haven't seen either. Personal opinions have no basis in a debate.

FACT: The makers of microfiber towels used for car detailing suggest that you wipe in only one direction. Otherwise, you risk scratches and swirls by continually moving dust and dirt over the surface. Therefore, dust and dirt are the cause of swirl marks and not necessarily the makeup of the fibers used in the polishing cloth.

It's your car and YMMV. Use whatever makes you happy.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by stu12dozen
I find it strange they haven't appeared to update their web page or any of their products in years.

China microfiber is a no-no, but the South Korean made towels are amazing. I use microfiber for everything. Put a quality microfiber towel made in SK next to a china one and the difference is extremely apparent.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:28 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

You're argument that Zaino recommends cotton was the reason for me saying I wasn't interested in a debate. I figured with a comment like that, that's where the thread was headed.

I just want to know what kind of microfiber cloth people like for waterless wash. That is all.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:32 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Black 02
I find it strange they haven't appeared to update their web page or any of their products in years.

China microfiber is a no-no, but the South Korean made towels are amazing. I use microfiber for everything. Put a quality microfiber towel made in SK next to a china one and the difference is extremely apparent.
See what I mean? What style microfiber do you recommend or like best for waterless wash? That question is my reason for posting the thread in the first place.

Last edited by Xtremespeed; 08-19-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Black 02
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed
See what I mean? What style microfiber do you recommend or like best for waterless wash? That question is my reason for posting the thread in the first place.
I like the ones from theragcompany.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:06 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Black 02
I like the ones from theragcompany.
Seriously?
Old 08-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Seriously?
Yes. The eagle edgeless ones are by far my favorite. I also like the dry me a river towels.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

I don't know how to be any more clear. I'm not asking for brand recommendations. I'm asking exactly what type microfiber cloth people like for waterless wash eg. waffle weave, long nap, short nap, extra plush, 350gm, 600gm etc. I'm sorry if I was unclear. I guess I should have just made a poll.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:09 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

I don't know how to be any more clear. I'm not asking for brand recommendations. I'm asking exactly what type microfiber cloth people like for waterless wash eg. waffle weave, long nap, short nap, extra plush, 350gm, 600gm etc. I'm sorry if I was unclear. I guess I should have just made a poll.
Well being rude and demanding in threads always seems to get you a lot of help.

You could easily have looked up the ones I am using to get your answer, but I guess you prefer to be spoon fed.

Actually, I don't even use waterless wash, so just disregard everything I said.

Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Microfiber Cloths

Old 08-19-2014, 02:28 PM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This might help you a bit on what microfibers to use for what. I primarily use CG microfibers because they are cheap and great quality.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

"Actually, I don't even use waterless wash, so just disregard everything I said."

That right there is the reason you should have never posted anything. You didn't have any input on the question I asked in this thread. I tried to politely keep the thread on topic without saying answer the question or get lost. I'm not the type. Just frustrated that I have all these replies and only 1 person seemed to actually read the post and give an opinion directly related to my question. I even received a pm giving me yet another brand to look at. I'm sure you know as well as I that once other things come up in the discussion the thread often times gets off track to the point it is difficult to return to the question or topic that was the point in the first place.

I'm not demanding anything. I can easily buy several different cloths and try them for myself. I don't even own a corvette anymore, but like to come here due to the amazing amount of info available from people that actually share a passion for cars like I do. I posted a thread to address a specific topic for which those of you who didn't read or didn't comprehend the question only bothered to throw out your favorite brands. If you didn't get the question, that is on me which is why I tried more than once to clarify. I can admit it's my fault for not phrasing the question the best way. I did however label the thread Microfiber Cloths. I also stated that I intended to purchase a certain brand, and then listed the reason why I had a question. I feel like almost everyone that posted saw the thread title and skipped reading the first post to suggest their favorite brand.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

This might help you a bit on what microfibers to use for what. I primarily use CG microfibers because they are cheap and great quality.

I have actually seen that video a few times the last couple years. I don't think it really covered what I was looking for but it's a good reference. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Microfiber Cloths