Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Microfiber Cloths

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Like I said, good luck to you.

In my opinion, waterless wash should only be used in an emergency or when you don't have access to the tools to properly wash your car. I would hate to further derail your topic though since you are rather specific in your demands.

Dropping the attitude would go a LONG way towards receiving proper help. If everyone who posts is told "you should have never posted anything" then what's the point of trying to help an individual like yourself?

To answer your original question, I would go for the most plush version of (YOUR PERSONAL CHOICE OF MICROFIBER CLOTH INSERTED HERE) available, to avoid rubbing the contaiminates into your paint and creating swirls and/or scratches.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:15 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Waterless Wash works best with a waffle weave towel since they are designed to be absorbent. If you use a plush towel with a Waterless product, you'll just "push" the solution around on the surface since you are using a lot of liquid, not absorb it and draw it off the surface.

Our Waterless Wash waffle weave towels are here, and are also blue to match our Waterless Wash:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-466-a...ss-towels.aspx
Old 08-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Location: The only state to ever kick another country's ass! TEXAS
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick@Adams
Waterless Wash works best with a waffle weave towel since they are designed to be absorbent. If you use a plush towel with a Waterless product, you'll just "push" the solution around on the surface since you are using a lot of liquid, not absorb it and draw it off the surface.

Our Waterless Wash waffle weave towels are here, and are also blue to match our Waterless Wash:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-466-a...ss-towels.aspx
Thank you Nick. That's the kind of input I'm looking for. Is there actually a difference between a waffle weave for waterless wash and one for drying? I've been using a shorter nap because of the exact reason you mentioned about the plush cloths just pushing the solution around. It seems a lot of people recommend those plush cloths for some reason but they didn't seem to work well for me.

Last edited by Xtremespeed; 08-19-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Black 02
Like I said, good luck to you.

In my opinion, waterless wash should only be used in an emergency or when you don't have access to the tools to properly wash your car. I would hate to further derail your topic though since you are rather specific in your demands.

Dropping the attitude would go a LONG way towards receiving proper help. If everyone who posts is told "you should have never posted anything" then what's the point of trying to help an individual like yourself?

To answer your original question, I would go for the most plush version of (YOUR PERSONAL CHOICE OF MICROFIBER CLOTH INSERTED HERE) available, to avoid rubbing the contaiminates into your paint and creating swirls and/or scratches.
Everyone wasn't told "you should have never posted anything." Only you who thought it was necessary to throw out the smart *** remark about being spoon fed even though you admitted you don't use the waterless method. Asking for an answer to a specific question is hardly being spoon fed. If that were the case the forum wouldn't be here. But hey, at least you had another opportunity to derail the thread with your opinion on waterless wash. Funny how you accuse me of having an attitude but come here to post off topic and condescending remarks because I was looking for an answer to a specific question and tried to clarify. I will admit that last paragraph was almost exactly what I was looking for, had it come from someone with actual experience instead of just an opinion on what you "would" do since you actually don't. I did say I was curious as to what others "experience" has been. All that said, and to be polite as possible, please excuse yourself from my thread so I can actually benefit from the experience others may share. Thank you.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed
Everyone wasn't told "you should have never posted anything." Only you who thought it was necessary to throw out the smart *** remark about being spoon fed even though you admitted you don't use the waterless method. Asking for an answer to a specific question is hardly being spoon fed. If that were the case the forum wouldn't be here. But hey, at least you had another opportunity to derail the thread with your opinion on waterless wash. Funny how you accuse me of having an attitude but come here to post off topic and condescending remarks because I was looking for an answer to a specific question and tried to clarify. I will admit that last paragraph was almost exactly what I was looking for, had it come from someone with actual experience instead of just an opinion on what you "would" do since you actually don't. I did say I was curious as to what others "experience" has been. All that said, and to be polite as possible, please excuse yourself from my thread so I can actually benefit from the experience others may share. Thank you.

You can't be serious.

Life's too short man. You'll never get out alive so no need to be so serious. I actually have a brand new container of Adam's Waterless Wash sitting at home that came in my "Mystery Box". If I decide to try it, it's too bad I can't help you out in your precious thread since I'm not longer allowed to post in it.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Big loss there. You're obviously posting just to aggravate me. That's cool. Post on. I will have no more comments for you. Life IS too short.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Big loss there. You're obviously posting just to aggravate me. That's cool. Post on. I will have no more comments for you. Life IS too short.
Nah, actually came into the thread trying to help. Perhaps I misread your specific question or it wasn't worded clearly enough. Either way, too late now and the way you chose to respond and try to belittle me doesn't exactly make me want to take you, or this thread, seriously any longer. With that said, it appears I was incorrect in my assumption that you'd want the most plush towel available to minimize damage to the clear. Thanks to Nick for clarifying that and good luck with your car.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:06 PM
stu12dozen
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-19-2014, 05:41 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

With a waterless wash, you want a soft towel with a thick nap to help pull any dirt away from the finish. The softness avoids marring. I like to use the Purple Jrs and the bright green edgeless towels specifically. Remember to use several and consider a rinse bucket when using the same towel on more than a few panels.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:51 PM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can check out Adam's they recommend waffle weaves with thier waterless wash.

How I personally use waterless wash is with waffle weaves as said before. But they I use a regular MF with a QD spray after. So if there is any small streaks left they are cleaned up.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:34 PM
stu12dozen
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
With a waterless wash, you want a soft towel with a thick nap to help pull any dirt away from the finish. The softness avoids marring. I like to use the Purple Jrs and the bright green edgeless towels specifically. Remember to use several and consider a rinse bucket when using the same towel on more than a few panels.
This thread is getting better by the minute!

"Remember to use several and consider a rinse bucket when using the same towel on more than a few panels".

So, if this is a "waterless wash", WTF are you putting in the rinse bucket?
Old 08-19-2014, 06:37 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Do you not find that the soft towel tends to just push the solution around? I've had that experience but honestly my towels were not the
quality of the ones you recommended.

Edit: After looking more at the purple jr's, I think maybe I'm confusing soft thick nap with plush. The up close pics of the jr's look more like the type cloth I have been using. The ones I tried that didn't work as well were a longer nap I think.

Last edited by Xtremespeed; 08-19-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:25 AM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Thank you Nick. That's the kind of input I'm looking for. Is there actually a difference between a waffle weave for waterless wash and one for drying? I've been using a shorter nap because of the exact reason you mentioned about the plush cloths just pushing the solution around. It seems a lot of people recommend those plush cloths for some reason but they didn't seem to work well for me.
Our Great White Drying Towels are the same fiber/weave as the Waterless Towels, just different sized towels.

Plush towels are perfect for removing residue from things like polish, sealants, glazes, and waxes, but often aren't ideal for things where you need to remove a lot of liquid from the surface.

They key is to use what works for you though!

Old 08-20-2014, 10:38 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nick@Adams
Our Great White Drying Towels are the same fiber/weave as the Waterless Towels, just different sized towels.

Plush towels are perfect for removing residue from things like polish, sealants, glazes, and waxes, but often aren't ideal for things where you need to remove a lot of liquid from the surface.

They key is to use what works for you though!

Thanks again for the input. I'm going to try some waffle weave towels and see how they do.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:15 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Do you not find that the soft towel tends to just push the solution around? I've had that experience but honestly my towels were not the
quality of the ones you recommended.

Edit: After looking more at the purple jr's, I think maybe I'm confusing soft thick nap with plush. The up close pics of the jr's look more like the type cloth I have been using. The ones I tried that didn't work as well were a longer nap I think.
If the towel absorbs properly, you should not be pushing water around. The towel should absorb the excess. Most plush towels have two sides, one is thicker than the other. I like the thick nap when washing and the thinner nap for a final wipe or light detail spray.

Quick Reply: Microfiber Cloths