Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Pads for WG Finishing Glaze

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Firefighter84
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pads for WG Finishing Glaze

I started out my detailing with all Griot's products and have been expanding my arsenal of polishes/glazes/sealants/waxes. I just ordered the 5.5" pad kit from Griot's for my GG6. All my pads are Griot's since I got them mostly from kits.

Here's my question: What pad from Griot's would I use for WG Finishing Glaze? Autogeek forum recommends a grey LC pad for this. Would a black pad from Griot's be comparable or should I still use an orange since the WGFG still has some cutting capability? This is going on a 09 corvette if that helps.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:33 PM
CyberGrayGS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The black pad will work fine with WG Finishing Glaze. The orange pad is better suited for use with WG Total Swirl Remover.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:18 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberGrayGS
The black pad will work fine with WG Finishing Glaze. The orange pad is better suited for use with WG Total Swirl Remover.

A light abrasive or finishing pad is best with Finishing Glaze. FG is a light finishing polish that will amp up gloss and reflection and move some minor marring.

Get notified of new replies

To Pads for WG Finishing Glaze

Quick Reply: Pads for WG Finishing Glaze