Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

How to clean floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:42 PM
RoadReady
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How to clean floor mats?

How to clean Lloyd floor mats
How do you guys clean the Lloyd mats without damaging the embroidered flag emblems and the word Corvette? The premium high pile carpet in oak is still in pristine condition but the emblems have light soiling and I sure don't want to damage the threads.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:59 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

A lot find success with using a cleaner carefully and blotting versus wiping and scrubbing.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:53 PM
ztheusa
Melting Slicks

Received 341 Likes on 213 Posts

Lloyds mats are tough. I've been using my home pressure washer on them for years.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:03 AM
0Surf City Garage
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The key is, like posted above, no wiping or scrubbing of the embroidery. The threads can be damaged, and once they start to go it will slowly unravel.

Use a quality carpet and upholstery cleaner. Spray liberally onto a microfiber towel and blot at the area to be cleaned. If you can avoid it don't saturate the embroidery and don't spray the cleaner directly onto it. I've had excellent success using our Hit the Spot Carpet Cleaner on the silver embroidery of my lloyds luxe mats.

http://surfcitygarage.com/car-care/i...t-remover.html

After you've hit it a few times with the cleaner moistened towel, follow up with a separate towel just lightly dampened with water. Assuming its just lightly soiled that should pull up any dirt.

When vacuuming use a similar approach. Don't rake the hose end over the fibers of any embroidered parts. Just place it over and hold it there for a moment to let the vacuum pick up any loose dirt/debris.

Get notified of new replies

To How to clean floor mats?

Quick Reply: How to clean floor mats?