Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

making white really pop

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 06:00 PM
faststeve
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default making white really pop

what quick detailer will make white really stand out? currently has rejex, which i really like, but would like a qd to finish it off. thanks all
Old 08-03-2014, 06:14 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by faststeve
what quick detailer will make white really stand out? currently has rejex, which i really like, but would like a qd to finish it off. thanks all
http://www.autogeek.net/quickdetail.html

303 Speed Detailer, Blackfire Polymer Spray, FinishKare 425, or Chemical Guys V7 are quite nice and should not harm your sealant.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:45 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Had two customized white AMG 65's, one the wife's car 4 door due to the kids, the other a V12 Twin Turbo, in my shop this weekend, and both left with the owner(s) just blown away. I will let you figure out much he has wrapped in the two cars.
We washed, clayed and used Zaino Z-AIO with a Lake County Orange Pad, due it both cars being painted with Ceramiclear.
Then we followed up with two coats of Zaino Z-2, both topped by Zaino Z-8. The comments from the wife and husband... They look twice as good as when we bought them new. Other customers picking up their cars also made comments about "Man, I had no idea white could pop like that. These cars look amazing."
Getting white to pop is all about the prep, not the final detail spray.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:48 AM
brewersprts
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
Had two customized white AMG 65's, one the wife's car 4 door due to the kids, the other a V12 Twin Turbo, in my shop this weekend, and both left with the owner(s) just blown away. I will let you figure out much he has wrapped in the two cars.
We washed, clayed and used Zaino Z-AIO with a Lake County Orange Pad, due it both cars being painted with Ceramiclear.
Then we followed up with two coats of Zaino Z-2, both topped by Zaino Z-8. The comments from the wife and husband... They look twice as good as when we bought them new. Other customers picking up their cars also made comments about "Man, I had no idea white could pop like that. These cars look amazing."
Getting white to pop is all about the prep, not the final detail spray.
Pics!!!!!

I need the little this thread is worthless without pics thing
Old 08-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

My Alpine White 335i looked like a different car after being clayed, polished with Menzerna products and finally sealed with Adam's liquid paint sealant. I think I spent more time claying than anything but after 5 years of previous ownership, it really needed it
Old 08-06-2014, 06:41 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

If you live in industrial areas .... you will want to consider this prior to claying. Its amazing to see the metal contaminants on lighter colored cars !

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-iron-x-cleaner.html
Old 08-07-2014, 04:52 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by brewersprts
Pics!!!!!

I need the little this thread is worthless without pics thing
Would but pics simply don't do it justice. You just can't get white to show in a pic, but live they were incredible. This is a incredibly picky customer, as the 65AMG I did on Sunday with 56K miles, had an interior that was absolutely immaculate, but the paint was pretty trashed. This car has very light orange peel and he is really upset about it and wants us to take it down.. Really it is hardly noticeable to the general public I tried to talk him out of it, but to no avail. Gave him a very large price tag, and he was willing to go with it. Will take before an afters on that deal.

Get notified of new replies

To making white really pop

Quick Reply: making white really pop