Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Rinseless Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 04:34 PM
retaf87
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Rinseless Car Wash

How do the "rinseless wash" products work and do they do a good job?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2014, 05:48 PM
chupr0kabra
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to use a rinseless wash for weekly upkeep. If your car is a garage queen, doesn't get driven in the rain, etc., they work very well in place of car dusters. Done correctly, it is just as safe as a traditional wash.

Here's what I do:
  • Two buckets, one with the wash solution (mixed to recommendation) and one with clean.
  • Grit guard in both buckets
  • I use three or four small deep nap microfiber towels per wash. I like to use different colors, and lighter if possible, to be able to see when they get dirty.
  • Rinse the towels, to make sure there's no debris in them, then wring them out and let them soak in the wash solution for a few minutes
  • Have your drying towels handy. The key here is to move quickly and not let the solution dry on the car.
  • Grab a wash towel and fold it in quarters. Wipe a small section of the car in non-overlapping strokes. Half the hood is about as much as I would suggest.
  • Immediately put that wash towel in the clean water bucket and dry the section you wiped.
  • Rub the wash towel against your grit guard thoroughly, then put it back in the the soapy bucket.
  • Get the towel coated again, then fold it, making sure a new/clean section faces the car.
  • Wipe down the next section and keep moving. Once you've used the same towel more than two or three times, or if it gets too dirty, set it aside and don't use it again.
  • Use a different wash towel for the back, the nose, and anything below waist high, since these areas tend to be dirtier.

The key is common sense. If your car is more than just dusty, or if there is any dirt on it that might scratch if it's spread around (like sand), don't use a rinseless wash. If your wash towel looks dirty, don't use it again. And remember one of the most common mistakes: If you're scrubbing with your drying towel, you're doing it wrong! This is where I see most swirl marks occur. A little quick detail spray when drying certainly wouldn't hurt, either in a rinseless or traditional wash.

-Mike
Old 07-11-2014, 01:19 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Check out our Rinseless Wash page, and the accompanying video as well to give you some insight about how it works and when it should and should not be used:

Old 07-11-2014, 11:05 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-ca...-products.html

There are both rinseless and waterless washes, and both have videos and multiple products for each.

Get notified of new replies

To Rinseless Car Wash

Quick Reply: Rinseless Car Wash