Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

After a good wash and dry, am I ready for Rejex?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 10:47 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Default After a good wash and dry, am I ready for Rejex?

I usually use Griot's Speed Shine in-between washes to keep my VR '06 coupe looking clean. I picked up some Rejex and have some extra time time to work on my car.

My question is this:

I just washed it and it's as clean as it's ever going to get. Is there anything I need to do to the paint before I apply Rejex? Anything that will give it a better, longer-lasting shine? The paint already shines and there are no dull areas anywhere on it.

All suggestions welcomed.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:18 AM
rowdymax
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good step would be to clay the car...Though you wash it and spray wax it, contaniments get embedded in the clear coat surface and don't come off with regular washing...Pick up a 100g or 200 gram clay bar and a luber or use your typical spray wax and go over the entire car, glass and all...Wipe down with spray wax afterwards and the paint surface will be ready for the Rejex...Remember, wait 20-30- minutes to remove Rejex after application and let sit inside garage overnight to cure...A second coat is always a good idea and will give you even longer protection time...
Good luck
Old 07-08-2014, 09:23 AM
SouthBaySurfer
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

I agree with using a clay bar. you will be amazed at how much smoother the surface will be.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

I suggest using the Nano sponge in place of the clay bar, it will do the same thing easier and the sponge will last much longer.

Drop the clay and throw it away, drop the sponge and rinse it off.

My paint was in good condition and I was able to use the fine grade sponge and no marring occurred.

Just search Nano sponge.

The idea is a smoother surface will reflect more.

Get a sandwich baggie and put your hand in it and run it along the paint. If you feel bumps the clay/sponge will remove them as washing will not.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:35 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

normally prepping the paint involves washing, claying, and polishing. If you choose not to polish but want to remove all the older product before adding a new one, consider a paint cleaning lotion. You simply wipe it on and buff off. Then apply the Rejex !

Get notified of new replies

To After a good wash and dry, am I ready for Rejex?

Quick Reply: After a good wash and dry, am I ready for Rejex?