Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Mouse Pee: The gift that keeps giving

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 11:32 PM
Mike Schwarz
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mouse Pee: The gift that keeps giving

I just picked up a '76 20+ year stored car super solid 30kmi needs to be gone through. Unfortunately, like my '91 that was in a 16yr barn storage. It smells like a giant mouse urinal. on my '91 I tried disassembling the ENTIRE car cleaning everything with everything from foaming bathroom cleaner, bleach, Odor ban, simple green,pet enzyme spray...etc.All new insulation carpets weather strips. wiped down all wiring harnesses,vents,hvac all of it! I would like to paint the '76 and just use it for a fun driver. Not over-restored,buut. I need a way to get rid of the mouse **** smell. Does anyone I'm begging Anyone have a way to knock out the rotten rodent issue. Dash seats console door pads etc all out. I would really love to enjoy these cars daily but the smell of mouse **** and fiberglass is really limiting my enjoyment. Any Ideas are greatly appreciated. I can't have the only 2 vettes with the exclusive "mouse ****" option
Old 06-30-2014, 12:18 AM
PacificaVette
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Odor

Originally Posted by Mike Schwarz
I just picked up a '76 20+ year stored car super solid 30kmi needs to be gone through. Unfortunately, like my '91 that was in a 16yr barn storage. It smells like a giant mouse urinal. on my '91 I tried disassembling the ENTIRE car cleaning everything with everything from foaming bathroom cleaner, bleach, Odor ban, simple green,pet enzyme spray...etc.All new insulation carpets weather strips. wiped down all wiring harnesses,vents,hvac all of it! I would like to paint the '76 and just use it for a fun driver. Not over-restored,buut. I need a way to get rid of the mouse **** smell. Does anyone I'm begging Anyone have a way to knock out the rotten rodent issue. Dash seats console door pads etc all out. I would really love to enjoy these cars daily but the smell of mouse **** and fiberglass is really limiting my enjoyment. Any Ideas are greatly appreciated. I can't have the only 2 vettes with the exclusive "mouse ****" option
Have you tried Hydrogen Peroxide? That can help with this kind of problem.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:54 AM
Mike Schwarz
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PacificaVette
Have you tried Hydrogen Peroxide? That can help with this kind of problem.
Not yet, but I will be tomorrow I'll let you know if I make any progress. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:07 PM
retaf87
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Also try baking soda. Open several boxes and leave them in the car for a few days.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:41 PM
trm 84
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An Ozone generator can get rid of cigarette smoke, maybe it would work for this too?
Old 07-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Have you tried having it steam cleaned? I'd follow up with the ozone machine mentioned above.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:32 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I would clean the carpet well, preferably using a carpet cleaner with heat extractor build in. Afterwards I would use this :

http://www.autogeek.net/so2pure-air-purifier.html

Get notified of new replies

To Mouse Pee: The gift that keeps giving

Quick Reply: Mouse Pee: The gift that keeps giving