Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Anyone Use Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:21 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Default Anyone Use Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating

I have after market chrome wheels that have a ton of cracks and crevices that are a b#tch to clean.

I was wondering if anyone had used the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating.

If so, was it helpful in repelling brake dust and make cleaning road grime easier?

Its an expensive (relatively) product, but if it works the cost is minimal compared to the time and effort required to clean the wheels.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:15 PM
ebf2k
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-14

Originally Posted by RACE U
I have after market chrome wheels that have a ton of cracks and crevices that are a b#tch to clean.

I was wondering if anyone had used the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating.

If so, was it helpful in repelling brake dust and make cleaning road grime easier?

Its an expensive (relatively) product, but if it works the cost is minimal compared to the time and effort required to clean the wheels.
I recently did the whole PBL coating kit on my GS. I really liked their wheel coating. I've only washed the car a few times since I applied it but the wheels seem to stay more dust-free and are easy to clean. I was also very impressed with the gloss and richness of color the coating provided.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-...w-to-tips.html
Old 04-22-2014, 08:46 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Pinnacle and G-technic both make great wheel coatings. They will offer a years protection in one application. It should make clean up rather easy and help keep dirt and brake dust to a minimum (unless using carbon pads). Most suggest only soap/water is needed.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:12 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Originally Posted by ebf2k
I recently did the whole PBL coating kit on my GS. I really liked their wheel coating. I've only washed the car a few times since I applied it but the wheels seem to stay more dust-free and are easy to clean. I was also very impressed with the gloss and richness of color the coating provided.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-...w-to-tips.html
I really appreciate you posting the link. That was a great review of PBL products.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:01 AM
tampatopless
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Seems like everything Pinnacle makes is great. I use their Crystal Mist. I think it gives just a little more pop and is more forgiving than the Zaino. I don't have to worry if I spray too much with the Pinnacle.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:52 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by tampatopless
Seems like everything Pinnacle makes is great. I use their Crystal Mist. I think it gives just a little more pop and is more forgiving than the Zaino. I don't have to worry if I spray too much with the Pinnacle.
If you like Crystal Mist, you need to try Pinnacles Souveran Spray Wax. It was designed with additional wetting agents and just as easy to apply as the original.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Use Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating

Quick Reply: Anyone Use Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating