Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Chemical Guys "Butter Wet Wax" review

Old 04-21-2014, 01:31 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Chemical Guys "Butter Wet Wax" review

First off, I just wanted to state that I am not a professional detailer, nor do I work for a company that has anything to do with detailing, I'm just an enthusiast detailer (ok, maybe on the obsessive side, but never the less - LOL) ... and I really like trying out new to me products.

Santa always brings me some new products to play with every year - (earlier I kinda reviewed CG's "V7 Gloss spray detailer") and another item I received this year was Chemical Guys "Butter Wet Wax".

I had a chance to use it today, and here's my observations, for whatever it's worth:

First off, I started by going over my car (using my PC 7424) with Pinnacle Advanced finishing polish, just to make sure any light swirl marks were gone. (I have some Pinnacle Advanced swirl remover handy as well, but did NOT use it on this particular application, as I didn't notice anything that I thought the lighter- Advanced finishing polish couldn't handle)

Then I hit it with the Butter Wax. This is a liquid wax, so I made sure I shook it several times as I applied it. This stuff is advertised as straight up wax- ( "... no abrasives or fillers..."), which is why I used the Pinnacle to start with.

I thought it went on really smooth (do I dare say "buttery" smooth ? LOL) - some reviews I've seen, claim that it has kind of a banana smell, I didn't really think so, but whatever. . . you don't buy wax because of the way it smells when you put it on, right ?

Glided right on, did not feel greasy, and a little dab seemed to go a long way. Easy off.

Nice glossy finish !

With that said- here's a couple of quick pics with my cheapo camera (pics are not photo enhanced in any way)

hood shot:

BTW, that's NOT haze you see, that is reflection of the clouds in my Jetstream blue paint ..

trunk shot:

same back here ... that's not haze ... Plus you can see reflection of the trees ...

It has a nice clean sparkling shine, I think it came out great.

(Not to make excuses, but catching JSB paint at the right angle is an art form in itself)

One other thing I'll mention is this: there wasn't hardly -any- white powder residue that I would have needed to go back over and wipe down that you sometimes get with some (paste) waxes.

Time will tell about how long it lasts, but I like it !

Next thing I have to try is Wolfgang Concurs 3.0 finishing glaze (Made by Menzerna), but that will come later ...

Oh well, that's my .02 for this time

In case anyone is curious about this product ---
Old 04-21-2014, 01:36 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Did the same steps on my daily driver

This is all reflection from the drivers side door (you can see part of the door handle in the upper, right hand side of this pic)

I almost seem to think I can notice it more on a darker colored vehicle, but then shouldn't it be that way ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chemical Guys "Butter Wet Wax" review