Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Detail Product Vendors...Step Right In...

Old 04-18-2014, 09:41 AM
reath1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Detail Product Vendors...Step Right In...

The Easter Bunny just dropped off a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL. The truck is White Diamond.

I would like to keep this thing looking as good as possible for as long as possible. I don't mind spending the time required for this but this thing is BIG compared to detailing my Vette. I use Blackfire and whatever wax I happen to want to test at the time on the Vette but would like to find a product and stick to it. Not into spray detailers at all. My vehicles are ready for a full wash and wax by the time I get a chance to get to them.

I have a Rupes Bigfoot 21.

Please recommend me some fairly easy to use products that will have some longevity to them. Cost is not an issue. Lasting protection is #1

Paint...
Windows....(to keep the spots away)...
Interior...(don't like the greasy look, but want to protect it a little)...
Tires...(No sling)...

GO!
Old 04-19-2014, 01:57 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by reath1
The Easter Bunny just dropped off a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL. The truck is White Diamond.

I would like to keep this thing looking as good as possible for as long as possible. I don't mind spending the time required for this but this thing is BIG compared to detailing my Vette. I use Blackfire and whatever wax I happen to want to test at the time on the Vette but would like to find a product and stick to it. Not into spray detailers at all. My vehicles are ready for a full wash and wax by the time I get a chance to get to them.

I have a Rupes Bigfoot 21.

Please recommend me some fairly easy to use products that will have some longevity to them. Cost is not an issue. Lasting protection is #1

Paint...
Windows....(to keep the spots away)...
Interior...(don't like the greasy look, but want to protect it a little)...
Tires...(No sling)...

GO!
You need to consider a coating for the truck. Opti-coat 2.0, G technic, or Pinnacle are great offers. If you prefer the look of a wax, but want the coating durability then consider Pinnacles Synergy.

I would also consider a glass coating like DP or Pinnacle. If you have minor spots, use the DP Glass Restorer first to clean and prep the glass. Aquapel is another nice glass coating but needs replacement evey six months.

Interior = Ultima's Interior Sealant -- long term protection, fresh look with no added gloss or coloring.

Tires = I like a little gloss and longer lasting product, but it must be water based to avoid harm to tires. I use Optimums Opti-bond or Carpro's Perl.

www.autogeek.net
Old 04-19-2014, 03:14 PM
reath1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
You need to consider a coating for the truck. Opti-coat 2.0, G technic, or Pinnacle are great offers. If you prefer the look of a wax, but want the coating durability then consider Pinnacles Synergy.

I would also consider a glass coating like DP or Pinnacle. If you have minor spots, use the DP Glass Restorer first to clean and prep the glass. Aquapel is another nice glass coating but needs replacement evey six months.

Interior = Ultima's Interior Sealant -- long term protection, fresh look with no added gloss or coloring.

Tires = I like a little gloss and longer lasting product, but it must be water based to avoid harm to tires. I use Optimums Opti-bond or Carpro's Perl.

www.autogeek.net
I'll give you a shout on monday to discuss. I need some new Rupes pads anyway. Best number to reach you?

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Detail Product Vendors...Step Right In...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Detail Product Vendors...Step Right In...