Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Anyone ever use this to clean and wax?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 06:51 PM
4ME2DRV
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone ever use this to clean and wax?

Has anyone ever used this Meguiars Cleaner Wax paste to clean and wax their car? If so, does it work?

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...ner-wax-paste/
Old 04-17-2014, 10:47 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, I have used it

Meguiar's used to promote the "Step 1, 2, 3" system

They have so many other products on the market now, that I don't think they promote as much now as they used to .... but it still works great

Step 1 was Paint Cleaner
Step 2 was Deep Crystal Polish
and
Step 3 was Carnauba Wax

Not going to say that using Paint Cleaner is a substitute for a clay bar ... IMO, its not

BUT

the 1, 2, 3 system still works great

Talk to a lot of experienced detailers and they will tell you: Use the least aggressive product to get the job done.

If you haven't clay'ed your vehicle, I would do that first, then put on some cleaner wax.

But that's just the first step ... the best shine has the least amount of super fine scratches so to speak, so ...

Could you use JUST the cleaner wax and call it good ... probably---

But if you use the polish after the cleaner wax, the polish will get out some of the fine swirl marks and clear up some of the haze you sometimes see in paint.

I'm telling you - if you use the cleaner wax first, then use the polish, you can lightly run your fingers over the paint and tell where you got the smallest bits of dirt out, and where it still is in the paint ... it's kinda weird, because it's dirt in the paint, not like dirt you can see if you have been down an unpaved road. But that dirt in the paint -detracts- from your car being a stand out.

Then the 3rd step is to add the wax to make it shine.

I've even used their "Gold Class" or "Show car Mirror Glaze #7" to top it off.

BTW, they are all clear coat safe

Want to see the difference ?

Do half of your hood with JUST the Cleaner wax

then do the other half with the Cleaner then the Polish, then a wax (and possibly a glaze after that.)

You can DEFINTATELY tell a difference.

Try it, and post some pics

Quick Reply: Anyone ever use this to clean and wax?