Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Chemical Guys V7 Gloss Spray Sealant Detailer

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 10:12 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Chemical Guys V7 Gloss Spray Sealant Detailer

I like trying lots of different products, and for Christmas, one of the new things I got from "Santa" was Chemical Guys V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant Detailer.

It's finally been warm enough here in Mid Michigan to get out and give it a try, and so far I really like it !

I leaves a nice glossy shine, does NOT streak, slick surface feel, and so far has held up well.

This is a detailer, so its obviously not a substitute for your favorite wax (I have Blackfire on there right now, but everyone has their favorites) and while using V7, it beads up nicely.

As common sense would tell you - Use a nice, quality micro fiber, and it wipes right on.

I have even had some over spray on windows, and even then it did not streak.

I'll be using it more as we enter the Summer, but just wanted to leave a quick review.

If you have wondered how it works, - hey, it works for me.

I've even used it on my (Black) DD with the same great results.

Would not hesitate to buy again.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:46 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I have used a couple bottles of it and rather like the outcome and the scent. (watch the bee's fly to it after application) I still find myself going back to Optimums Spray Wax though as the beading and durability seem longer. Both products are great, and work well on any color with no streaking.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:42 PM
trm 84
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the scent of V7. I keep going back and forth between liking it and hating it. I swear it makes the surface sticky a few days later, which is why I then don't like it.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Gearbanging101
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great stuff! I'm almost through the 16oz bottle and have already ordered a gallon of it. Chemical guys sells all their products on Amazon too so you can get free shipping if you have Prime or spend over $35.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:59 PM
rowdymax
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the best spray detailing products out there...I have been detailing for over 30 years, and though it's expensive for the 16oz, by the gallon it's a steal...Using the Hybrid Blacklight over Rejex, and then following up with Hybrid V7, you can beat the protection, gloss and feel...Been through 5 gallons so far...Trying some Nano products right now to see how they compare...Use it on glass, plastic too...Enjoy, this product is up there at the top...

Get notified of new replies

To Chemical Guys V7 Gloss Spray Sealant Detailer

Quick Reply: Chemical Guys V7 Gloss Spray Sealant Detailer