Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Detailing a travel trailer

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 11:40 PM
Brett K
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Detailing a travel trailer

We just picked up a 26' travel trailer. It is about 2 years old but in need of a detail. It is the aluminum side panels with ridges and a rubber roof. I know this is going to be a painful experience. Although I want it to look great I am reluctant to use my Blackfire products and I am hoping to find a good one-step product with maximum durability. Also the caulking at the seams turns black fast, so I will be looking to clean those areas as well as treat all of the rubber gaskets. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:50 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Brett K
We just picked up a 26' travel trailer. It is about 2 years old but in need of a detail. It is the aluminum side panels with ridges and a rubber roof. I know this is going to be a painful experience. Although I want it to look great I am reluctant to use my Blackfire products and I am hoping to find a good one-step product with maximum durability. Also the caulking at the seams turns black fast, so I will be looking to clean those areas as well as treat all of the rubber gaskets. Any help would be appreciated.
So this will obviously setoff a debate, but in my detail shop we really like Z-AIO to clean up light aluminum oxidation and add a coat of durable polish.
We will use a PC-7624 with a mild polish pad. Not a severe cutting pad, but one that is a medium/light cut pad.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:49 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

I curious why you are reluctant to use the Blackfire products? Their aluminum polishing products are exceptional. Obviously not a one-step product but the results are
Old 03-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Brett K
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Street Rat
I curious why you are reluctant to use the Blackfire products? Their aluminum polishing products are exceptional. Obviously not a one-step product but the results are
Only due to the extra steps as it adds days on to the time instead of hours.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:01 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-to...lish-seal.html

Blackfire offers an AIO product and a very good one. Its much more durable than others and has the easy to apply and remove deal. Very glossy too !

Get notified of new replies

To Detailing a travel trailer

Quick Reply: Detailing a travel trailer