Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 08:07 PM
FLYNLO
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Zaino??

Do people use this stuff any more?? I had a black 2002 ZO6 and used Zaino and was always happy with it. Is it still highly regarded or have they been outperformed by other products? I have a black Stingray vert on order and I need to get geared up in the detailing department. I perused autogeek and they don't even speak English over there......ie...."I use the BPRM with the OSX activator enzyme and follow it up with the SX69 sealant"....I have no clue what they are talking about over there...

Last edited by FLYNLO; 03-14-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Plenty of us still use it. Try a search for some lively threads and epic battles.

Auotgeek has some great products as well. Killerwheels will most likely post on here and offer to help you out.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Sunnybuckdrew
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokinZ51
Plenty of us still use it. Try a search for some lively threads and epic battles.

Auotgeek has some great products as well. Killerwheels will most likely post on here and offer to help you out.
Epic battles Is spot on! I have been following a few threads where wax/Polish comes close to fighting words! It's all good fun though, because nobody purposely puts crap cleaner on their vette(I hope not at least)
Old 03-15-2014, 01:29 PM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

I started using Zaino on my black 2002 Suburban when it was new. I am still using it on all my other cars as well. You buy it direct from Zaino or Eckler's.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:03 AM
FLYNLO
Drifting

Good to hear it is still being used. I always liked it...a lot. Thought is was easy to work with and my black car always looksed wet!! I will likely continue to use it on the new car.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:41 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Still my go to product. I try everything but always end up back with Zaino.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:55 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

I have tried many different expensive polishes and waxes, but I keep coming back to zaino.

I haven't found anything better.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:08 PM
ebf2k
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-14

Originally Posted by FLYNLO
Do people use this stuff any more?? I had a black 2002 ZO6 and used Zaino and was always happy with it. Is it still highly regarded or have they been outperformed by other products?
People definitely still use it, it's still a great product. However after seeing how great PBL looks on my wife's new DD, I switched over to that on the vette.

I perused autogeek and they don't even speak English over there......ie...."I use the BPRM with the OSX activator enzyme and follow it up with the SX69 sealant"....I have no clue what they are talking about over there...
You really should to take the time to at least read some of the how-to articles over there; you will learn a lot from the friendly & helpful people on that site.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:48 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Do people use this stuff any more?? I had a black 2002 ZO6 and used Zaino and was always happy with it. Is it still highly regarded or have they been outperformed by other products? I have a black Stingray vert on order and I need to get geared up in the detailing department. I perused autogeek and they don't even speak English over there......ie...."I use the BPRM with the OSX activator enzyme and follow it up with the SX69 sealant"....I have no clue what they are talking about over there...
Give Sal a call, he always has time to talk to his customers and answer any questions you may have, in english. ;-)
Old 03-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ebf2k
People definitely still use it, it's still a great product. However after seeing how great PBL looks on my wife's new DD, I switched over to that on the vette.
What the heck is "PBL"? Poor Boys something?
Old 03-17-2014, 09:15 PM
ZimC6
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruncher
Pinnacle Black Label

http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-black-label.html
Old 03-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Sleper
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Years ago there was independnt wax study done on a variety of waxes from turtle to Zaino. It compared similar waxes via a variety of tests. That is acutally where i heard of Zaino as it was hands down at that time the best. That was about 10 years ago and now synthetic sealants have come a long way. Does anyone know of a independent study?
Old 03-19-2014, 11:54 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Give Rejex a try or at least do a bit of research on it. You will be impressed with the ease of use, and the results, not to mention the cost advantage over Sal's Zaino.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:46 PM
FLYNLO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cruncher
Hahaha...my point exactly!

Thanks for the replies guys!!,
Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

I still use Zaino.

My cars could probably be nicer if I spent longer polishing them (I have swirl marks, unnoticeable unless you are in direct sunlight and staring at the paint from 4-6 inches away). But that's because I'm lax with my polishing pads, clay bar, and towels (I wash them and such, but if I drop one I shake it out, make sure there is no big stuff on it and keep going on my way).

I was a perfectionist for the first year. Now I'm OK with passing the 5 foot rule (If it looks good from 5 feet away then it's OK in my book).
Old 04-18-2014, 09:37 AM
hb4lthr
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was a perfectionist for the first year. Now I'm OK with passing the 5 foot rule (If it looks good from 5 feet away then it's OK in my book).[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. I just completed the wax job on my Z06. I put it out the sun to check for any minor scratches. There were a few but to be honest, I did not feel like spending a day and a half polishing the entire car. Rather, I made note of 2 problem areas and just spot polished those 2 areas.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Bacman33
2nd Gear

I've almost always used Zaino in the past, but I had a black Volvo S60 on lease that had some minor scratches. I took it to a local detail shop and they used 3M Perfect-it products. I swear, I have never seen a shine so deep in my life. It was like 3D. I was sold. I use it now on most everything I own. Takes about the same amount of work as Zaino. Another one of my favorites is P21S wax, but it takes either a clay-bar or polishing compound as a pre-process (prep).
Old 04-28-2014, 01:30 PM
richscorvettes
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by agentf1
Still my go to product. I try everything but always end up back with Zaino.
Same here. We've been Zaino users for longer than we can remember both on daily drivers and show cars and just used on our C7. Still impressed by the results and how long it lasts.

Rich
Old 05-07-2014, 12:42 PM
radbluesfan
Instructor

Originally Posted by richscorvettes
Same here. We've been Zaino users for longer than we can remember both on daily drivers and show cars and just used on our C7. Still impressed by the results and how long it lasts.

Rich
A lot of waxes and sealants look great if prepped properly, but Zaino has lasted longer than anything I have found. The extra weeks or months in between waxing is worth it. If I pay $5-$10 more for a wax and I have to wax my 3 vehicles and motorcycle 1 time less a year each, it is priceless in terms of time and effort. I do like (to some extent) cleaning the vette and bike.....my work truck and wife's car not so much.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino??

Quick Reply: Zaino??