Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Adam's C/C Products Honest Assesment

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 06:05 AM
Recon_Joe
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Adam's C/C Products Honest Assesment

1st let me say sorry that there are no pictures. Before and after of swirl removal and waxing are hard in a studio much less in my driveway.

I purchased a few products from Adam's. I was at work when I ordered them and it took me a little while before I could try them out. I did have a few questions which I emailed and got a very prompted response and all of my questions answered.

I used their new two step paint restoration and polishing kit w/ the microfiber pads. Now the paint on my '98 Vert is in great shape so I decided to put these products to a real test on my wife's '12 Accord. A few reasons to try it on the Accord ... 1) it's BLACK! 2) it had some sap damage from a tree that is near our drive way.

1. I clay barred to whole car first and the bar along with the detailing spray really did a job on getting all of the sap and other grit and grime off the car. It was smooth as a baby's bottom when I was finished. (FYI I did wash and dry the car first).

2. Hit all the plastic trim with the VRT. While I had it out I hit the tires as well. It worked very nicely on the trim, but I wasn't too impressed with the results on the tires. I like a little wetter look then the VRT gave. I went back over them with spray later.

3. I used the restoration (swirl remover) and polish next. All I can say is HOLY COW!! The sap had damaged the clear coat but this stuff worked it out very nicely. It took some time and some areas took multiple passed, but it worked!! Heck after I had finished with the polishing compound the car shined so brightly that my wife thought I was finished. It was very easy to use. The microfiber pads worked great and they did not get as caked as I expected. I did use the brush Adam's sells to clean the pads between panels. Oh and FYI that brush is very high quality. It is very comfortable in my hands and pretty stout. I was impressed.

4. I used their paint sealer. Very easy to apply and it really did help give a deep shine to the finished product.

5. I used their Buttery Wax. Oh my this has to be one of the easiest Carnauba Wax products I have ever used. And as advertised it did not leave any white residue and did not stain the trim. Now the trim may have been protected from staining by the VRT, but they do advise using the VRT prior to doing anything else (i.e. rest/polish, seal or wax, etc). And YES it gave it a very rich, deep shine.

Overall rating (1-5, with 5 being the best) I give the Adam's products I tried a 4.8 ... only thing I did not like was the VRT on the tires, but that is very minor. I do recommend Adam's and I will be using their car care products from here on out. Very easy to use. Very good support (they even have several videos on how to use their products on the website).

Recon Joe
Old 03-08-2014, 06:45 AM
PHILLIE PHANATIC
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

I couldn't agree more (except about the VRT, I haven't used it yet ), I've been using Adams for 2 yrs now, NO COMPLAINTS. The buttery wax is the easiest wax I've ever used, even outside IN THE SUN ! I have a friend who doesn't let anyone touch his vehicles, he let me detail his black Jeep, he was so impressed with Adams Products, he placed his 1st order a few months ago. Their customer service is second to none with a 110% money back guarantee. Get your shine on !
Old 03-09-2014, 10:11 AM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,346 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I have been using several Adams products for over 5 years. I think their products are very good. I am very satisfied with the results I get from using them.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:30 PM
jack5hd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-17-2014, 01:25 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Great stuff Joe, thanks for your support!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:06 PM
84c4vette
Racer

I've been going nuts buyin their products can't wait to get the buffer and paint correcting polish in the mail!
Old 04-11-2014, 02:48 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 84c4vette
I've been going nuts buyin their products can't wait to get the buffer and paint correcting polish in the mail!
Old 04-14-2014, 03:28 AM
Virtual Geezer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

I've used Adam's products for years. Their In & Out Spray is the best. I also use their Brilliant Glaze followed by Americana wax -- those products create a shine that's so deep it's probably illegal in several states. Clarity of reflections impressive, too -- especially on black!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:21 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree, VRT does not last very long on the tires or really have that nice gloss. Better tire dressings out there. Chemical Guys seemed to last longer and nicer gloss.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:36 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

I think the polish is amazing. I personally wasn't too impressed with the butter wax or Americana but that's just my opinion. the detail spray is the best hands down and I have the same complaint about vrt. for wax I use pinnacle soverign and zymol. to each their own but all in all I give them 2 thumbs up easily
Old 04-19-2014, 11:08 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

It is probably the way I am prepping the service or my application, but I have scratched my head over the vht product.

Are there any tips to maximize the outcome?
Old 04-19-2014, 11:09 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Is Adams going to be at the Bash at the museum this coming week?
Old 04-21-2014, 02:53 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by woodranch
Agree, VRT does not last very long on the tires or really have that nice gloss. Better tire dressings out there. Chemical Guys seemed to last longer and nicer gloss.
There is no silicone in it, so there will be no gloss. If you want to bump up the shine a bit, apply a second thin coat on top of the first.

It will never be a tire "shine" like some products on the market. That being said, we may or may not be working on something that may satisfy those looking for more glass then SVRT offers.

Originally Posted by RACE U
It is probably the way I am prepping the service or my application, but I have scratched my head over the vht product.

Are there any tips to maximize the outcome?
I'm going to assume you mean our Super VRT, not the VHT that makes a drag strip sticky....

Be sure to clean the surface (tires. trim, plastics, etc.) first before you apply any kind of dressings. This is the MOST important process, it's all in the prep work.

Removing any old dressings, especially those heavy in silicone content, need to be removed so the surface can absorb the SVRT. Also be sure to apply a thin coat, or a second thin one if necessary. If you go a little heavy with it, wipe it down with a towel to remove any excess and you'll be all set!

Originally Posted by RACE U
Is Adams going to be at the Bash at the museum this coming week?
We aren't going to be there this year, sorry!
Old 04-29-2014, 11:39 AM
wan65
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get my new vette next week, I did ordered the Adams product, the 199.99 kit and the leather kit for 49.99, hope it works good as everyone says which I'm sure it will, first time I really been happy about detailing a car, I kind of hated doing my Dodge dually 4x4. I used the mothers 3 step waxes on it, mothers did work good, just heard so much on the Adams products.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:58 AM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Can't wait to hear what you think!

Be sure to cruise through the videos if you haven't already as well:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

Old 05-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Desert Nomad
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 76 Posts

I've been using Adam's products for over a year now. Very happy with the results. Just have to ask, I'm just finishing up with the Adam's fine machine polishing on my '67'. Is it recommended to wash the car again after the polishing process and before applying the glaze then wax? Or is this an over-kill?
Old 05-13-2014, 02:01 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

No need to re-wash if you are only glazing and waxing.

If you are going to be laying down a sealant, then it's a good practice so the sealant can bond, but not necessary with the glaze/wax combo. Save your soap!

Get notified of new replies

To Adam's C/C Products Honest Assesment

Old 05-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Thompson Racing
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are looking for a glossier shine on your tires, first treat them with VRT, then spray them with Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray and wipe off any excess. You'll have really glossy tires! Also, VRT has an SPF rating, so your tires will be protected AND shiny! Let the IUS setup before driving.

Last edited by Thompson Racing; 05-14-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:29 PM
npijerov
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Recon_Joe
1st let me say sorry that there are no pictures. Before and after of swirl removal and waxing are hard in a studio much less in my driveway.

I purchased a few products from Adam's. I was at work when I ordered them and it took me a little while before I could try them out. I did have a few questions which I emailed and got a very prompted response and all of my questions answered.

I used their new two step paint restoration and polishing kit w/ the microfiber pads. Now the paint on my '98 Vert is in great shape so I decided to put these products to a real test on my wife's '12 Accord. A few reasons to try it on the Accord ... 1) it's BLACK! 2) it had some sap damage from a tree that is near our drive way.

1. I clay barred to whole car first and the bar along with the detailing spray really did a job on getting all of the sap and other grit and grime off the car. It was smooth as a baby's bottom when I was finished. (FYI I did wash and dry the car first).

2. Hit all the plastic trim with the VRT. While I had it out I hit the tires as well. It worked very nicely on the trim, but I wasn't too impressed with the results on the tires. I like a little wetter look then the VRT gave. I went back over them with spray later.

3. I used the restoration (swirl remover) and polish next. All I can say is HOLY COW!! The sap had damaged the clear coat but this stuff worked it out very nicely. It took some time and some areas took multiple passed, but it worked!! Heck after I had finished with the polishing compound the car shined so brightly that my wife thought I was finished. It was very easy to use. The microfiber pads worked great and they did not get as caked as I expected. I did use the brush Adam's sells to clean the pads between panels. Oh and FYI that brush is very high quality. It is very comfortable in my hands and pretty stout. I was impressed.

4. I used their paint sealer. Very easy to apply and it really did help give a deep shine to the finished product.

5. I used their Buttery Wax. Oh my this has to be one of the easiest Carnauba Wax products I have ever used. And as advertised it did not leave any white residue and did not stain the trim. Now the trim may have been protected from staining by the VRT, but they do advise using the VRT prior to doing anything else (i.e. rest/polish, seal or wax, etc). And YES it gave it a very rich, deep shine.

Overall rating (1-5, with 5 being the best) I give the Adam's products I tried a 4.8 ... only thing I did not like was the VRT on the tires, but that is very minor. I do recommend Adam's and I will be using their car care products from here on out. Very easy to use. Very good support (they even have several videos on how to use their products on the website).

Recon Joe
I am thinking of buying the 2-Step polishing system for my '03 Vert. My Vette doesn't have many scratched and is pretty clean. WOuld you still recommend using both the Paint Correction and Finishing polishes? Is there any risk of damaging the clear coat, especially when using the microfiber pads? Also, did you use the Cyclo Polisher or soemthing else? Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:23 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

I love their metal polishes. Use them on my supercharger, exhaust, and undercarriage.

Quick Reply: Adam's C/C Products Honest Assesment