Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

BlackFire Wet Diamond

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 880 Likes on 465 Posts

Default BlackFire Wet Diamond

After reading some good reviews took advantage of the Geeks 15% off Memorial Day sale and ordered some BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond to try on my 2013 crystal red Grand Sport.

To be honest I am always leery of semi expensive waxes or sealants. Seems companies are constantly finding ways to reinvent the wheel. I been pretty happy with Rejex, NXT and California gold.

Jury is still out if I can see the difference in how my car looks when using BLACKFIRE but I can say with absolute certainty it is the easiest wax/sealant I ever used to apply and wipe off. $40 well spent in my opinion.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 622 Posts

I have been using the blackfire products for about a year . Very happy with look of car. I have used the wax, sealant and polish. I agree with you how easy there products wipe off.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:13 PM
TJeske
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BFWD is one of the top sealants on the market right now imho.

You should grab some BF Midnight Sun to top that wet diamond with. It'll give you the glow of a carnauba, with the protection of a synthetic sealant - aka the best of both worlds!
Old 06-08-2013, 05:31 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I use Souveran Paste Wax a lot on my black Vette. It isn't until I tried something new and then went back to Souveran that I noticed the big difference in wetness and depth that Souveran offers. If you find you cannot measure a new wax or sealant, you might find it worthwhile to reapply the other one on a panel or two and then judge them side by side or back to back applications.

Blackfire should indeed be very easy to apply and remove, and it should be one of the glossiest sealants you see.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 880 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by TJeske
BFWD is one of the top sealants on the market right now imho.

You should grab some BF Midnight Sun to top that wet diamond with. It'll give you the glow of a carnauba, with the protection of a synthetic sealant - aka the best of both worlds!
Thanks for the tip. I'll put some in my cart for the next delivery
Old 06-09-2013, 08:37 AM
TJeske
Advanced

Originally Posted by snowwolfe
Thanks for the tip. I'll put some in my cart for the next delivery
Absolutely.

I normally use two really thin layers of product, so even the 3oz size is plentiful and should last you a couple seasons assuming you aren't waxing your car every weekend.

I currently have two layers of wet diamond, one layer of crystal seal, and two layers of midnight sun on my C6. I'll see if I can get a picture up later today, the gloss is pretty stunning imho.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:05 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TJeske
Absolutely.

I normally use two really thin layers of product, so even the 3oz size is plentiful and should last you a couple seasons assuming you aren't waxing your car every weekend.

I currently have two layers of wet diamond, one layer of crystal seal, and two layers of midnight sun on my C6. I'll see if I can get a picture up later today, the gloss is pretty stunning imho.
I wanna see!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Here are some pictures of car after using Black Fire polish , sealant ,wax. Pictures were taken with cell phone camera.
Attached Images    
Old 06-20-2013, 06:30 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

love the gloss in pic #1 and love the clouds reflecting off the hood in pic #3. Thanks for entrusting Blackfire to protect and enhance your Vettes finish.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:29 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for showing this my man. I too have a red vette.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Black fire is insane. I used it as a base sealant then topped it with Wolfgang Fuzion on my last detail.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I used the Blackfire finally with a sample from AutoGeek, I will be ordering a full bottle when this is used up. AWESOME, and I have used quite a few other popular brands.

Last edited by Red89gt; 07-31-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Red89gt your car looks great! I'm a big fan of Blackfire products. So far I have used Blackfire finishing polish, sealant and Midnight Sun Ivory Wax. I'm very happy with them and will try scratch & swirl remover with next order.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:09 PM
got2hav1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,083 Likes on 599 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods)

Originally Posted by Zap City
Black fire is insane. I used it as a base sealant then topped it with Wolfgang Fuzion on my last detail.

Nice job. I use the same combo on VR !

Old 07-13-2013, 12:36 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

About to place my order and I have finally decided on Blackfire. Quick question, whats the difference between the wet diamond and crystal seal. They both appear to be synthetic sealants, so whats the difference? Your vettes look awesome with the blackfire products, such gloss and depth!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I can't help with the difference between the to products . If you like the above pictures of my car. I can tell you what I used. Washed and clay bar car. Then used Blackfire gloss enhancing polish. Then Blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection. Then Blackfire midnight sun ivory wax. CHECK label I believe you have to wait around 12 hours between sealant and applying the wax.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:04 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pikkashoe
About to place my order and I have finally decided on Blackfire. Quick question, whats the difference between the wet diamond and crystal seal. They both appear to be synthetic sealants, so whats the difference? Your vettes look awesome with the blackfire products, such gloss and depth!
Wet Diamond is the traditional sealant and is a pure sealant. You apply, then buff off and allow up to 24 hours for it to fully cure. It is very easy to apply and remove, and adds a lot of additional gloss.

ClearSeal is a newer WOWA (wipe on walk away) sealant like Optimums Opti-Seal. It is most often used after a sealant has cured to lock in the look and enhance the durability. It requires no buffing. I love to use it on wheels and for weeks and weeks you can clean them with nothing more than soap and water.

There is also a wax hybrid which contains carnauba and its called Midnight Sun. This is designed to top the sealant Wet Diamond or to be used by those that prefer the look of a traditional wax.

Get notified of new replies

To BlackFire Wet Diamond

Old 07-13-2013, 06:26 PM
pikkashoe
Racer

Killr, can one be used in place of the other? Or is the optimum procedure to use the wet diamond, let it cure for its 12 hour period, then top it off with the crystal seal.
Just trying to see if i need both, I dont mind getting both if it leads to a better outcome.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:48 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pikkashoe
Killr, can one be used in place of the other? Or is the optimum procedure to use the wet diamond, let it cure for its 12 hour period, then top it off with the crystal seal.
Just trying to see if i need both, I dont mind getting both if it leads to a better outcome.
no rules ... just best outcomes. Wet Diamond is a very durable traditional sealant and looks great. You will apply and remove it like a traditional wax but very easy to remove and last two-six months in most environments.

Crystal Seal used on its own is very glossy and a bit less durable, but so easy to apply you wont mind adding a coat every couple weeks or months with no buffing.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

BlackFire Wet Diamond with a better camera, still not perfect but best camera I have access to:

Last edited by Red89gt; 07-21-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Quick Reply: BlackFire Wet Diamond