Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

UV protection for Torch Red

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default UV protection for Torch Red

I just picked up a Torch red Z. I have no experience maintaining a red car. What are you guys using to protect and guard against oxidation on your red cars. Been using Blackfire recently and really like.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Blackfire is one of the products I use, and it's known for UV protection

I'd say you're right on track

one "problem" with living in Florida is the Sun exposure on your paint job (I lived in Hawaii for 4 years, I could write a book= LOL)

You can also use something like Meguiars Show glaze and slowly work on each section (think of it like dry paint, hungry for a drink- )

Then top it off with your choice of Carnuba

I'll be listening for other responses

in fact: Would anyone recommend using something like Klasse sealant during this process ?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:58 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,557 Likes on 2,161 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I use Zaino Clear Sealant followed by Z8 Grand Finale on my Victory Red Z06. It gives it a wet look that also has great durability. I use the Z6 detail spray between full details..
Old 03-04-2013, 04:00 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

Rejex

http://www.rejex.com/
Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Post up some pics of your new ride!

As far as protecting it, a combination of a synthetic sealant for longevity and a carnuba paste was to add depth, clarity, and protection will suit you well.

For sealants, we offer Adam's Machine Sealant or Adam's Quick Sealant.

For waxes, we have two. Adam's Buttery Wax and Adam's Americana Premium Paste Wax.

Also, be wary of products designed specifically for certain colors. Often times they have dyes and fillers in them that will degrade rapidly when exposed to the elements or routine washing.

You're only working in the clear coat, detailing products have no idea what color you are using them on.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:26 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Zap City
I just picked up a Torch red Z. I have no experience maintaining a red car. What are you guys using to protect and guard against oxidation on your red cars. Been using Blackfire recently and really like.

Thanks
No need to change, Blackfire has you covered. If you need help learning the craft of auto detailing, just let us know.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

The original owner kept the paint primo. I think my detail skills are pretty solid. I may just give it a light workover in a few spots with megs 205 and an orange pad before hitting it with BF. Just wasn't sure about a product to keep the oxidation to a minimum. I love BF. Its probably my fav product to date and I've used lots. The car in question-

Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Richard@Adams
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default The Orlando sun

Thanks
I have a Torch Red '04 and the North Carolina sun isn't easy on cars either. Is this a daily driver that's parked outside? Is it garaged at home? Take a look at the vids on the Adam's site. I think you'll find, as I did that regular care and maintenance is the key to a great shine. If you have any questions just call.
Richard Kashinsky
Distributor and East Coast Clinic Coordinator
336 408 4433
Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Matt@Adams
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The original owner kept the paint primo. I think my detail skills are pretty solid. I may just give it a light workover in a few spots with megs 205 and an orange pad before hitting it with BF. Just wasn't sure about a product to keep the oxidation to a minimum. I love BF. Its probably my fav product to date and I've used lots. The car in question-

Oxidation with a clear coat car isn't going to be much, if any, of a concern... single stage red on the other hand will oxidize if you sneeze near it, but no concerns there with a modern paint job.

BTW - great looking vette!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks Dylan. Guess I remember the old days. The car is garaged but drives to work most days of the week and sits in the Fla sun.

Get notified of new replies

To UV protection for Torch Red

Quick Reply: UV protection for Torch Red