Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

NEW ... Matte Paint Protection

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Default NEW ... Matte Paint Protection

Just got a couple PM's on matte paint and vinyl stripes and how to protect them. This sounds promising and easy too ;

http://www.autogeek.net/permanon-sup...rotection.html
Old 02-04-2013, 12:04 PM
ZimC6
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice. Any smaller sizes available?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:22 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Permanon Platinum --- Spray Protection

I thought I would do a quick review (THIS IS ANOTHER SEPERATE PRODUCT FROM THE SAME MANUFACTURER).... Permanon Platinum is a very concentrated product that takes finish protection to a whole another area. After mixing it up, you simply spritz it on paint and then wash off with water and dry normally. It really works and durability is about 7-8 weeks per application.

For those that do NOT want to wax paint the traditional way, this is absolutely the easiest and quickest way to apply paint protection.

http://www.autogeek.net/permanon-platinum-coating1.html

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 08-10-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:12 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the 'copy' on Autogeek site -Permanon Platinum is a simple spray and rinse nano coating that creates a durable silicium shell that produces a brilliant shine and long-lasting protection on all hard surfaces. Surfaces protected with Permanon Platinum take on properties that are virtually identical to hardened glass; microscopic pores and pits in paint and other hard surfaces where dirt typically accumulates will be coated so your vehicle will be much easier to clean and maintain. [Emphasis mine]

Won't this defeat the object of a matte finish or am I missing something?
Old 08-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by TOGWT
For the 'copy' on Autogeek site -Permanon Platinum is a simple spray and rinse nano coating that creates a durable silicium shell that produces a brilliant shine and long-lasting protection on all hard surfaces. Surfaces protected with Permanon Platinum take on properties that are virtually identical to hardened glass; microscopic pores and pits in paint and other hard surfaces where dirt typically accumulates will be coated so your vehicle will be much easier to clean and maintain. [Emphasis mine]

Won't this defeat the object of a matte finish or am I missing something?
You're referring to Permanon Platinum, a completely different product.

Permanon Super-Matte Finish Protection = Matte finishes

Permanon Super-Matte is formulated using nano-engineered particles of Silicium (14Si) that form an electrostatic bond with the surface being protected. Dirt will not bond to the treated surface, thereby reducing soiling and organic staining. Acid rain, airborne contaminants and other chemical compounds that would typically destroy a conventional wax or sealant will easily wash off. Permanon Super-Matte only takes minutes to apply but the results are long lasting. Permanon Super-Matte doesn’t add any unwanted gloss to matte paint finishes and vinyl wraps.
Permanon Platinum Finish Protection = non-matte finishes

Permanon Platinum bonds on a nano-level so it acts to preserve the original surface being protected. Permanon Platinum is a highly effective water and dirt repellent that lasts while being resistant to nearly all acids, alkaline solutions and solvents, keeping your vehicle clean and protected through any circumstance. What’s more, Permanon Platinum creates an extremely high gloss finish on painted surfaces that is smooth to the touch.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:12 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

As Nick offered above, there are different products in the line. I apologize that my BOLD type did not emphasize enough that I was using another product which is just as valuable.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:32 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
As Nick offered above, there are different products in the line. I apologize that my BOLD type did not emphasize enough that I was using another product which is just as valuable.
Apologies-I was indeed 'missing something'
Old 08-17-2013, 11:31 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
You're referring to Permanon Platinum, a completely different product.

Permanon Super-Matte Finish Protection = Matte finishes

Permanon Platinum Finish Protection = non-matte finishes

Can one then apply traditional waxes etc on the surface of the Platinum Protection on non matte vehicles?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:42 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bkazepis
Can one then apply traditional waxes etc on the surface of the Platinum Protection on non matte vehicles?
you can, but more about looks. You will find Permanon very glossy and slick (even car soap slips off). You will likely find you only want to use it.

I personally find that Reload by CarPro which may have similar properties works well as a spray wax along with the Permanon application. That said, Permanon is so easy to apply that you just mix up a little more every now and again and spray on wet, clean surface.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 880 Likes on 465 Posts

Would like to try something like that on my Triumph 800 which has a matte painted gas tank. But not for almost $100 a pop.
Will you be marketing something in a smaller size for about 1/4 the cost?

Get notified of new replies

To NEW ... Matte Paint Protection

Quick Reply: NEW ... Matte Paint Protection