Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Good wax for dark color paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:08 AM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wash, Clay, followed by a good polish, the use of a good pre-wax cleaner, two coats of Z-5, a coat of Z-Clear Seal, and if you so choose to do so, a top coat of Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax. You will be amazed as to the shine.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Give Mequairs NXT 2.0 a try and I am confident you will not be disappointed. Easy to use and leaves a super looking finish. You can purchase it over the counter all over, low cost, no downside at all to giving it a go.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Love Zaino Z5 followed by Z2 on my Lemans Blue.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:26 PM
dklowrider
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dvilin
Give Mequairs NXT 2.0 a try and I am confident you will not be disappointed. Easy to use and leaves a super looking finish. You can purchase it over the counter all over, low cost, no downside at all to giving it a go.
i used this on my black C5 w/ 98k miles and had people stop at shows and ask what kind of wax i use because it caught their eye.
the key to it is to let it dry before trying to remove it. if you think it might be dry enough, let it dry a little more. comes off very easy then. i've been thinking about what i want to use on my lemans blue ride for it's first (by me) detail session. i think i know now.

Quick Reply: Good wax for dark color paint