Go Back   Corvette Forum > General Corvette Topics > Car Care Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
Car Care Discussion
Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette Sponsored by
Auto Geek

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 12-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
CF Editor
IB Staff

Default Long Winters Nap: How to Store Your Corvette for the Winter

Keith at Corvette Blogger put together this really through guide for storing your Corvette. We know this subject has been done to death but still thought this was pretty great:

http://www.corvetteforum.com/article...tteBlogger.php
CF Editor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
IAFF alumni
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Wow... That is really wrapping her up for the winter!

I didn't go quite that far with mine because I hope there will be some nice days where she can get some 'exercise' over the winter.

In my case, I left the battery in, but installed a charger / maintainer / desulfator from BatteryMINDer to keep the batter in top condition while still in the car.

Check out my project post here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...r-project.html

Rather than a Car Jacket, I use an indoor car cover to keep any dust or dirt off. That way if I want to take her out, it only takes minutes to get her ready.

Finally, after hearing of horror stories from other owners about mice making a home in their collector cars for the winter (and doing LOTS of damage), I bought several moth ball cakes encased in plastic with a 'coat hanger' hook on the end. These I hung on both sun visors much the same way you would hang them in a closet to protect your clothes.

In my other collector that sits outside (an 89 Celica GT drop-top), I put two open boxes of moth ***** on each of the front seats. I figured the outside car might be a little more 'exposed' to any traveling rodents than the C4 is inside.

Click the image to open in full size.

Love your storage post.
Hopefully our winters will be mild and will go by quickly.
IAFF alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
DevilDog II
CF Senior Member
Oldtimer

I've stored my car during the winter for 11 years. I change the oil, fill the gas tank, add Stabil, over inflate the tires, and put a cover on it. I disconnect the negative battery terminal and leave it in the car. It has fired right up every spring with no problems. I also put numerous bars of Irish Spring soap and dryer sheets throughout the interior and engine compartment to keep out the mice.
DevilDog II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:00 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > General Corvette Topics > Car Care Discussion
Reload this Page Long Winters Nap: How to Store Your Corvette for the Winter

Tags
care, corvett, corvette, store, storing, winter