Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

matte finish tire dressing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
D&A'sDad
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default matte finish tire dressing?

I have been using Black Magics Titanium Matte Finish tire dressing but nobody stocks it, here in Jax any more?. ......any ideals/alternatives?

I prefer the NOT glossy shiney look-for me.....

I just got an e-mail from Black Magic that they have discontinued that product boo hoo/whine etc.

Last edited by D&A'sDad; 01-04-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: reply from supplier
Old 01-04-2012, 06:32 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Try Zaino Z16. I don't use their products on the body, but I do love their Z16 tire shine and their Z9/Z10 combo for my leather seats.
Their Z16 gives a nice matte finish.
The only problem is that you pay a flat shipping fee so just getting one product might be a little expensive.
Another trick that works with some products is to apply the product and then wipe it with a clean cloth before it dries. That will sometimes give you a matte finish.
I like the matte finish on the GTO and Corvette, but like the shiney stuff on the daily drivers. I've done the wipe down trick in a pinch for the matte finish with shiney products and it has worked for me.

Last edited by JVM225; 01-04-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:58 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

303 Protectant, Wolfgang Rubber and Vinyl Care, Ultima Tire/Trim
Old 01-05-2012, 07:41 AM
D&A'sDad
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks to you both very much
Old 01-05-2012, 12:27 PM
l1dws
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another vote for 303 !!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:02 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

303 is water base, meaning water will dissolve it, and when applied on dash, try touch it if you don't wipe off excess(even if you wiped off excess to a certain degree), it has an oily feel, on top of that, it out gas and ended up on the inside surface of interior glass.

Ultima tire/trim, expensive, it contains unknown amount of UV protectant. Although it is dry to touch.

On the other hand, Zano Z16, has the same amount of UV protectant as 303, easy to apply, a little goes a long way, once applied, you can walk away, no need to wipe off excess, when you come back, its has a satin look and dry feel. If you want a shinny look, then put on another coat.

HTH!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

303 protectant is indeed water based which is preferred for safety. It dries completely to a matte surface and has the best UV protectant in it. It has no greasy feeling nor is it contain any silicone which can harm the plastic over time. As with any dressing a light even coat is best and using the proper applicator will help. You can certainly rebuff any access if over applied with a MF towel.

All plastic parts can out-gas its not actually the dressing, its the sun reacting to these parts and there makeup. The Ultima product, Interior Guard, was designed as an interior sealant and like a paint sealant seals to the surface. It will provide notably less film on glass over time. It can also be applied to leather and plastic surfaces. Light is the key..

http://www.autogeek.net/rubbervinyl.html

Duragloss, Wolfgang, Prima, and others exist too ....
Old 01-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Timbrr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surf City Garage Beyond Black tire dressing. If you need a little more gloss try adding a touch of Adams VRT to the applicator pad.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:31 PM
cegusa
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

303 has given me the exact sheen or lack of that I prefer with very little effort. Spray on an applicator wipe on and walk away. It does however have a short lifespan as others have pointed out due to being water based. I alternate between this and when I have some extra time to spend on the wheels from over spray, the least glossy version of the Armor All foam spray. I might even prefer the Armor All end result but typically don't like the extra clean up on the wheels. Will probably try the Zaino product somewhere down the line.

Get notified of new replies

To matte finish tire dressing?

Quick Reply: matte finish tire dressing?