Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Iron X Meets Neglected Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Iron X Meets Neglected Civic

I got together with a friend of mine after work yesterday and did a little polishing on his poor Civic that had only been washed once in three years. This car has never been garaged and sits outside 24/7/365.

The paint was faded and chalky on all the horizontal panels, and splotchy on the vertical panels. Overall it was in pretty rough shape and needed a little TLC. Unfortunately my camera died shortly after washing it with Iron X, however I did get some excellent bleeding shots.

I've used Iron X on several different vehicles and I've never had it interact as quickly as it did on this Civic. Immediately after spraying the surface it started to change color.

If you're not familiar with Iron X, it's a iron remover that decontaminates paint and wheels. It opens up the pores in the paint and allows the removal of ferrous iron particles. If you're working on a neglected finish or a vehicle that sits outside 24/7, Iron X should be an essential step before claying or polishing.

Iron X by CarPro
Old 07-06-2011, 04:58 PM
diablojota
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me thinks you murdered the car. Wow. That stuff is amazing. We are going to use it on my friend's BMW 335ci in the near future. If it bleeds well, I'll post over at the geek forum.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:40 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I am now suggesting this step in addition to the others, its certainly valid and worthwhile. Even on darker rides, you will note it on driveway.

Wash -- IronX -- Clay --- Polish ---Protect
Old 07-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Lucifer13
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you just spray this stuff on then power wash it off? Or is it really necessary to use a sponge after you spray it on?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:49 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer13
Can you just spray this stuff on then power wash it off? Or is it really necessary to use a sponge after you spray it on?
you can do either, but likely will find best results with light agitation from the sponge.

Get notified of new replies

To Iron X Meets Neglected Civic

Quick Reply: Iron X Meets Neglected Civic