Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Emu oil on leather :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:18 PM
leet13
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Emu oil on leather :)

When I got the car, I noticed the drivers seat felt kind of crunchy as did the shift boot and around emergency brake.

I used some Turtle wax leather cleaner and conditioner on the seats/shift boot... Did not feel or look much different when I was done at that time.

A week later I did it again (turtle wax leather cleaner/conditioner), worked it in a bit then wiped completely off. Then, I sprayed on 303 protectant and added a bunch of drops of emu oil. I let it sit a minute then wiped it off. Repeat once more. After I was done the inside of the car, I simply put a towel over the seats as I normally do so the sun wouldnt beam directly onto it.

Took me a few days to go back and check the leather-- feels amazing... so much more soft than before. No emu oil residue at all. I am happy with it and will do the same again next time I do my interior.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Leatherique is another great choice .... its quite a rejuvinator.

http://www.autogeek.net/leleca.html
Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I second the Leatherique recommendation. If it wasn't for Leatherique my seats would be beat. I had 17000 miles on my C5 Z06 seats and they looked like new thanks to Leatherique. Well worth the money IMHO. I buy it by the gallon.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:47 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Emu oil or the sperm from an alligator will soften the urathane (plastic) covered leather in your Corvette

j/k
Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 PM
leet13
Instructor

I have shopped a few times online at autogeek... last time was a pretty big haul and somehow missed the leather stuff due to the fact that we had some stuff here (but then it went missing-- that was how the turtle wax brand came along).

I will definitely check it out! Thanks

As far as the other comment- I just ran out of alligator sperm-- i dressed my tires in it. *ick* hehe
Old 03-22-2011, 08:15 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by leet13
I have shopped a few times online at autogeek... last time was a pretty big haul and somehow missed the leather stuff due to the fact that we had some stuff here (but then it went missing-- that was how the turtle wax brand came along).

I will definitely check it out! Thanks

As far as the other comment- I just ran out of alligator sperm-- i dressed my tires in it. *ick* hehe
I will only add that for normal leather care you will find no brand better than Leathermasters. Many patents and they know leather. However for annual booster or rejuvination, I still suggest Leatherique and most will agree. Both are quite notable when used as directed.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
I will only add that for normal leather care you will find no brand better than Leathermasters. Many patents and they know leather. However for annual booster or rejuvination, I still suggest Leatherique and most will agree. Both are quite notable when used as directed.
+1 on Leather Master's products.

A good trio for leather cleaning / protection / maintenance Leather Master™ Kit with Strong Cleaner, Leather Protection and Soft Touch (ex Vital) not a conditioner per se but used for revitalizing and restoring the tactile feel of older leathers and also to improve the feel of stiff leathers Leather Master has been my choice of leather care products for the last twelve years or more.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:13 PM
ruenvs
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20

Originally Posted by TOGWT
Emu oil or the sperm from an alligator will soften the urathane (plastic) covered leather in your Corvette

j/k
And we know about the gator sperm how???
Old 03-25-2011, 04:21 PM
allstar14
Instructor

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
I will only add that for normal leather care you will find no brand better than Leathermasters.
Really, I take it you guys finally started carrying Leather Masters then...

There is definitely product that can compete with Leather Masters. You guys dont sell it though.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:22 AM
Alisa Roost
1st Gear

This tool is great fit! I use Emu Oil for interior treatment inside the car. I like the result. I consider this oil to be one of the best in leather care.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:43 PM
JimmyS5600
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Our leather seat covers are coated. Don't understand how leather masters works on our seats
Old 04-27-2019, 03:45 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyS5600
Our leather seat covers are coated. Don't understand how leather masters works on our seats
Exactly......mind over matter I guess. The only USA made vehicle I can think with uncoated leather seats was the Ford King Ranch editions trucks. The idea was the leather was suppose to age and take on a saddle-like patina. In reality, most of the King Ranch seats I've seen look like **** due to grease stains, giant scratches, etc.

If you want to test your seat to see if they are coated or uncoated, a drop of water on the surface left for 30 seconds will prove what you have. If you wipe the drop off you and you are left with a stain, the seats are uncoated leather. These can be treated with leather conditioners and oils to change the feel and patina (like a saddle). If you wipe off the drop of water and no stain is left, well then you have plastic covered leather seats like the 99.9% of us.

Get notified of new replies

To Emu oil on leather :)

Quick Reply: Emu oil on leather :)