Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 03:37 PM
chuckster
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only.....

It's gets really annoying here when people ask about alternative product and keep getting the same answers. Zaino Zaino Zaino.

I am a Zaino user and it bugs me...

I am not pleased with Zaino on a Black Car. I have done side by side tests on the same paint with Maguires and Z. Maguires is Blacker, Wetter, And Deeper Period.
Don't care how long it lasts. I polish every few weeks anyway.

It is a great product but it can't cure Cancer.

[Modified by chuckster, 1:39 PM 4/15/2002]
Old 04-15-2002, 03:59 PM
jerryv
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only..... (chuckster)

I'll bet it does :)

If we had a separate section for Zaino junkies, then how could we properly badmouth all the other products?
Old 04-15-2002, 05:58 PM
1990bevile
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only..... (Jerry Velders)

I 2nd the motion for a second section.....wait a second....THIS ISNT A DEMOCRACY! YOU LIED! oooohhh you will burn for this said devil. :reddevil :reddevil
Old 04-15-2002, 06:30 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

It's gets really annoying here when people ask about alternative product and keep getting the same answers. Zaino Zaino Zaino.

I am not pleased with Zaino on a Black Car. I have done side by side tests on the same paint with Maguires and Z. Maguires is Blacker, Wetter, And Deeper Period.

Chuck, there are several black cars in my driveway everyday, they are all using Zaino, and these cars look so good I almost want to buy a black car, if it is not working on your car it maybe in the application, you should call Sal and talk to him, maybe he can help you get what your looking for.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:37 PM
rubyred93
Drifting

:yesnod:
Old 04-15-2002, 07:51 PM
chuckster
Race Director

Default Re: Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only..... (hcvone)

Chuck, there are several black cars in my driveway everyday, they are all using Zaino, and these cars look so good I almost want to buy a black car, if it is not working on your car it maybe in the application, you should call Sal and talk to him, maybe he can help you get what your looking for.
Carl, I value your advice. However. I really believe I have the Zaino nack down pat. I know there is not an issue how it's being applied. I always come out with a perfect finish but it's Just the final look I just don't care for.

It's a simple look I don't get with Zaino. The shine is there, but not the deep black color. The Black in the sun almost gets washed out to a dark charcoal. Not like someone melted a black crayon on the finish..

If I put the car in the sun after doing a patch of Z2 or Z5 it does not matter... IT's VERY shiny. But not like liquid black. If I use Maguires or even F*rmula 1-1-3. The Black has a dripping black look to it. I am sure it has to do with the oils...

One way to test this is to dip your finger in ArmorAll and rub a little on the paint. See what it does... Too bad the whole car would not come out like this.

I love Zaino on any other color but Black. Black is a very unforgiving color. Especially in the sun. But most Zaino users refuse to see the difference. It's not an imaginary difference. IT's real.

Again I am not comparing for uv protection or long lasting or even ease of use.( Which I consider Zaino VERY easy to use). I want perfect paint.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:46 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Carl, I value your advice. However. I really believe I have the Zaino nack down pat. I know there is not an issue how it's being applied. I always come out with a perfect finish but it's Just the final look I just don't care for.

It's a simple look I don't get with Zaino. The shine is there, but not the deep black color. The Black in the sun almost gets washed out to a dark charcoal. Not like someone melted a black crayon on the finish..

If I put the car in the sun after doing a patch of Z2 or Z5 it does not matter... IT's VERY shiny. But not like liquid black. If I use Maguires or even F*rmula 1-1-3. The Black has a dripping black look to it. I am sure it has to do with the oils...

One way to test this is to dip your finger in ArmorAll and rub a little on the paint. See what it does... Too bad the whole car would not come out like this.

I love Zaino on any other color but Black. Black is a very unforgiving color. Especially in the sun. But most Zaino users refuse to see the difference. It's not an imaginary difference. IT's real.

Again I am not comparing for uv protection or long lasting or even ease of use.( Which I consider Zaino VERY easy to use). I want perfect paint.

Chuck, some people just like that dull oily look, you can save yourself money by putting lemon Pledge or your car, and yes I am serious. The thing I do not understand is as I said I see many black cars each week, probably 6-10 Vettes a week, and they look like the paint is still wet when they are sitting in my driveway, but you have to use what you think looks best. ;)
Old 04-17-2002, 12:58 AM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 920 Likes on 465 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

We dare not use the forbidden "M" word (Meguiar's) here on the Zaino forum. One mention of a competing product line and the Zaino dealers jump to the attack - silicone oils! carnuba wax! dust! What the hell do you care what I use on my car? I have used Meguiar's Medallion for years and our Polo Green does not look "oily" or "dull". You can protect your investment by promoting your product without running down every other product on the market.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:19 AM
TONYS68L36
Drifting

Default Re: Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only..... (duckvett)

Can someone tell me how to get a "dull oily" finish???
Old 04-17-2002, 11:09 AM
Spectre
Grand Poobah
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only..... (TONYS68L36)

I've tried every other 80 dollar wax on the market . You hear zaino is the best constantly because it is . No matter how much any of us can refuse to admit it , zaino is still the best , not by opinion , but by fact . You can't argue with zaino . It just is THE BEST . :smash: :cheers:
Old 04-17-2002, 11:14 AM
chuckster
Race Director

Default Re: Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only..... (vic451)

I've tried every other 80 dollar wax on the market . You hear zaino is the best constantly because it is . No matter how much any of us can refuse to admit it , zaino is still the best , not by opinion , but by fact . You can't argue with zaino . It just is THE BEST . :smash: :cheers:
Sure it is...I agree. But not on a Black car. Period.
Black is the absorbtion of all colors of the spectrum. Nothing escapes...Except imperfections if not treated properly.

Black cannot be treated like all other colors. Even Navy Blue is NOT the same as Black. Black is an exceptional color and must be treated exceptionally.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:18 AM
Tess87Vett
Intermediate

People use what THEY like. If they like it, we like to tell others about it. Kinda like spreading a little good will. I heard about Zaino in the car-care section, also heard about the others. Like anything I read, read and read somemore about All the waxes or synthetics, then I made up my mind to try Zaino on my Black vette. I loved it and tell everyone who complements me on the new car look (I think it looks better than new), what I use. It's there choice to try it or not. So if you don't like Zaino or anything else Don't be a BABY about it and cry foul. Find something YOU like and Brag or tell others about it. Then they could make up their own mind and use what they like. As for me...Zaino
Old 04-17-2002, 12:41 PM
TONYS68L36
Drifting

I think the point of the post is that people are coming here to ask questions about different products and all they hear is the "Zaino pitch". Don't get me wrong I've seen the results and I personally think they(Zaino cars) look nice. People have seen all the Zaino posts in this section and have determined that they are going to try something different. So when they come here to ask a question, lets just give them an answer.... :)
Old 04-17-2002, 12:57 PM
chuckster
Race Director

Thanks Tony!! Exactly. I did not come here bashing Zaino. I clearly stated in other posts that I still use it on my Non-Black cars. I was merely looking for an alternative. But Zaino users are highly defensive. Face it guys... Look back at all your replies...They smack more of religious arguments then a stupid car wax. :rolleyes:
It's this type of attitude that annoys people. It's being force fed. Kinda like having a Jehovah Witness knocking on your door on a Saturday afternoon. :D I still love you guys :D.... Zainoholics or not... We are still Vettaholics :seeya
Old 04-17-2002, 01:02 PM
Dave95C4
Pro

I've got a better idea. Let's just rename the "Car Care" section to the Zaino section. That way people are clear on the subject material and stop whining. :) Serious though chuckster...what's with the chip on your shoulder? I don't go around saying "Meguiar's sucks" and most other folks here don't do that. Heck, even the Z dealers are not pressure-tactic salesfolks. We all just are really impressed with a product that often times generates lots of questions. People aren't familiar with it and it often takes a little bit of time to learn how to use it right (especially on black). That's probably the reasons that it generates so many posts. All you have to do is find the posts that say "Zaino" in the topic and don't click on them. I, and many others, believe that it is probably the best product on the market...but also one of the most unknown. Zaino isn't advertised...it's a word of mouth product. That's what we do here, pass on the product, techniques, and experiences...word of mouth. I consider myself a polishing guru. If you've ever heard from the F-body guys about the Corvette "waxers"...well I'm the basis for that stereotype. Heck, I was even like that when I owned an F-body. I've tried most everything...and none of it compares to this product, especially on a black car. Maybe you got a bad bottle or something...or just have realized what a lot of us find out...black takes more work in general, and this is true for applying Zaino as well. Feel free to email me, pm me or whatever...I'm not paid to endorse Zaino and I'd be happy to give you some advice on using it on a black car, because it really can be tricky. But, bottom line, use what makes you happy...I think that's what most of us do. But don't criticize the rest of us for supporting the product we like...we'll return the same respect, in turn. Let me know if I can help.

Dave
Old 04-17-2002, 05:44 PM
Spectre
Grand Poobah
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only..... (Dave95C4)

Lets start a "SHUT THE HELL UP ALL YOU WHINERS "section :jester :lol: :jester :jester :jester

[Modified by vic451, 4:44 PM 4/17/2002]
Old 04-17-2002, 06:50 PM
67StingRay
Burning Brakes

I think the point of the post is that people are coming here to ask questions about different products and all they hear is the "Zaino pitch". Don't get me wrong I've seen the results and I personally think they(Zaino cars) look nice. People have seen all the Zaino posts in this section and have determined that they are going to try something different. So when they come here to ask a question, lets just give them an answer.... :)
Tony I think you hit the nail right on the head. People come here to get opinions. However when their opinions differ from yours theirs is wrong.
The people who like Zaino state they like it and therefore are Zaino Zombies in your opinion.
Use whatever product you like but do not attack the people who like Zaino for giving their opinions

[Modified by 67StingRay, 4:54 PM 4/17/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only.....

Old 04-17-2002, 07:03 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only..... (duckvett)

We dare not use the forbidden "M" word (Meguiar's) here on the Zaino forum. One mention of a competing product line and the Zaino dealers jump to the attack - silicone oils! carnuba wax! dust! What the hell do you care what I use on my car? I have used Meguiar's Medallion for years and our Polo Green does not look "oily" or "dull". You can protect your investment by promoting your product without running down every other product on the market.
I hope this was meant for me, I like Meguiar's products, in fact my shops used more Meguiar's products than anyone in the US for 5 years, and I am sure if I still used Meguiar's products I could probably get them for free, I do not care what product you use on your car, in fact I would be using Meguiar's products now if I never met Sal Zaino. You have to understand the difference between carnauba and synthetics, it like regular motor oil compared to synthetic motor oil, synthetics just protects and performs better. Have to ever tried Zaino?
Old 04-17-2002, 07:13 PM
Dave95C4
Pro

Default Re: Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only..... (hcvone)

I had a great PM chat with chuckster earlier today. I think what he was getting at is the fact that Zaino doesn't produce the same slick look that the waxes with silicone oils do. I totally understand that frustration because one of my roommates is the exact same way. Honestly, if he could put tire gloss on his paint...he would! At any rate, I suggested that maybe chuckster keep on using Zaino as a protective base coat, but use Meguiar's Pro #7 on top of it in order to facilitate the gloss he's looking for. That's the same thing my roommate does before a car audio show. After the show, he uses the Zaino wash to get all the #7 off. Now, I realize the yellow from the carnauba still gets on the paint...but #7 isn't nearly as 'yellow' as the regular Meguiar's wax or the Pro #26. That way, you get the protection and shine of Zaino with the extra-glossy silicone coating. I think it's a preferential thing, as I prefer the "new-paint" look that simply Zaino provides...just as I like 'black' tires, not 'glossy' tires. I think chuckster wanted some alternative advice, rather than just the "zaino zaino zaino!!!" that I know I often get stuck in. Hopefully this will work for him and I enjoyed the conversation with him earlier. I just didn't want people to get the wrong impression for the post here.

Dave
Old 04-17-2002, 07:14 PM
Aaron71771
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I think the idea that members think Zaino needs its own section is testament to its success :)

Black is unforgiving and we all have different tastes to what we want our cars to look like, but I'd expect the most popular polish/wax products are going to dominate the car care sections.

Quick Reply: Moderators...Why not have a Zaino Section Only.....