Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Tire cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:32 PM
mooney201
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tire cleaner?

I have used no touch tire cleaner in the past, and frankly do not like the wet look it gives the tires. What cleaner/conditioner do you guys like to make older tires look like new?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:19 AM
0zoomzoom mazda5@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

zoomzoom mazda5@properautocare.com's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try using Amazing Roll-Off to clean them first or our Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner and to recondition them I would start with Lexol Vinylex. It's a patented formula designed to clean and renew any vinyl, rubber or plastic surface in one easy step. Vinylex actually penetrates below the surface layer to restore the underlying plasticizers. This deep penetrating cleansing system then lifts dirt and grime to the surface where it is easily wiped away.

http://www.properautocare.com/lex1215.html

http://www.properautocare.com/ro-32.html

http://www.properautocare.com/eifaticl.html

Angelo ….Your Car Care Friend
Email me at Angelo.g@properautocare.com
Toll Free 1-800-628-7596

The Most Talk About Sealant In the World Blackfire Wet Diamond

Use Coupon Code " Corvette10 " For 10% Discount For All Corvette Members
Old 03-11-2011, 11:02 AM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Meguiars Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel. I apply by hand. I squirt the size of a dime in the palm of my hand, rub my hands together and apply by sweeping one hand in one direction, followed by the other hand in the other direction, about 3 sweeps for each direction. I then inspect the tire to locate any areas of the tire where the gel has collected and take my finger and wipe those areas out removing the excess gel in the groves. This prevents slinging.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:17 AM
m4bama
8th Gear

After you get them clean use a good brush and car wash works well.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:47 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Griots Rubber Prep and Amazing Roll-Off are great cleaners for tires and prep well for new dressings. It is rather cool to see the browish goop running off the tires even before agitating with a tire brush.

www.autogeek.net
Old 03-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Greg Nichols
Advanced

I have found the BEST tire cleaner is Tuf Shine wheel cleaner, while I like ARO a lot I can clean the tires faster with tuf shine. Don't use it on uncoated wheels, ARO is also pretty harsh for them too.

Cheers,
GREG
Old 03-20-2011, 11:27 AM
mooney201
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you all for the information.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Innovative714
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

When it comes to a 2 part tire cleaning and protection process, I recommend the following......

Clean and strip

Meguiars #39 - Professional Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner is a tough cleaner that removes heavy dirt and grime from all vinyl, plastic, rubber and urethane surfaces. Apply to vinyl tops, bumpers, plastic door panels, car and boat interiors, luggage and furniture to remove heavy dirt build-up. Meguiars #39 Professional Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner even removes wax stains!

Treat and protect

Stoner Trim Shine - Stoner Trim Shine brightens and protects plastic, vinyl, rubber and leather. It gives a durable, long lasting shine and makes tires look great...often without even wiping. Shines trim and wipes off dirt...all in one fast, easy step.

Trim Shine quickly brings back a shiny, like new finish when sprayed on interior and exterior automotive trim. It even gives a deep, rich showroom finish to tires, bumpers, convertible tops, seat backs, dashboards, arm rests, air vents, gear shift boots, door jambs, steering columns and many other areas. Also available in aerosol cans.

Have a great Sunday....Dave
Old 03-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Stan MI
Pro

Another vote for ARO here. It also leaves a surface behind that does not attract as much dirt.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire cleaner?

Quick Reply: Tire cleaner?