Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Clearshield Installed in Tampa

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:49 AM
cyber-vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clearshield Installed in Tampa

Clearshield is a paint protective film applied to the most vulnerable areas of a vehicle have an extra measure of protection from:

Insect stains and abrasions
Scratches and nicks
Small road debris damage
Winter road salt and sand

This last month I took my 2011 Grand Sport to a local shop here in Tampa, FL Auto Paint Guard www.autopaintguard.com and wanted to pass along my experience. I have seen about 5 different Corvettes with the Clear Shield installed. Every one was perfect and I asked who did the install they all said Auto Paint Guard in Tampa. But before I took my car to Auto paint Guard I took it to another shop that claimed they could install the protective film. When I went to pick up the car the Clear Shield installation was so bad I had them remove it and try again. Well after the second time I had them remove the clear Shield and refund me the cost of installation. I found out after the car was returned to me with alot of water spots the shop had used a razor blade on a few areas which cut through the clear coat. I took the car to Ryan at Auto Paint Guard and he was able to fix most of the scratches and did a perfect job on the Clear Shield installation. His install exceeded my expectation and I wanted to post my experience. The installation is so good you don't know it is installed when looking at the car. Kudos to Ryan and his dedication. I did want to give a recommendation to Glenn at "The Elite Hand Car Wash and Detail Center" www.theelitehandcarwash.com he worked on the scratches left by the razor blade and preformed his 7 step Zano wax. The car looks better than I thought a wax job could look. The car is ready for a photo shoot! If you are interested contact Ryan at Auto Paint Guard and tell him you saw my post on the Corvette Forum. Cost for the installation ranges depending on how much you want to cover.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:09 PM
50yrzo6
Instructor

I'm curious, how much of the car did you cover? Also, do you think the lines would be more noticeable on a black car???? I want to have mine done but have never seen a black one with it on. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 PM
cyber-vette
Racer

Originally Posted by 50yrzo6
I'm curious, how much of the car did you cover? Also, do you think the lines would be more noticeable on a black car???? I want to have mine done but have never seen a black one with it on. Thanks.
Well if you goto Auto Paint Guard Ryan will have a couple choices. The Clearshield installed as he does it offers as close to perfect as you get. I know the headlights he did on my car with Avery was optically clearer and you cannot tell it has plastic on the headlights. It's best to discuss it with Ryan as he is the true expert. Check out the Gallery on the web site it has black cars pictured.

Last edited by cyber-vette; 02-18-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:00 AM
cyber-vette
Racer

Clearshield installation payed off last week when I hit a curb. I am totally sold on Clearshield! I did damage the plastic but not the paint. If I decide I can get the front piece replaced. For now this minor damage is not as bad as I first thought it was. I was amazed at how much paint from the curb transferred to the plastic. The plastic was buffed with a light compound and you see a small line where the curb paint transferred onto the plastic. See the before and after pictures.

Get notified of new replies

To Clearshield Installed in Tampa

Quick Reply: Clearshield Installed in Tampa