Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino question

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 03:25 PM
cottoneg
Drifting

Received 182 Likes on 121 Posts

Default Zaino question

Maybe not a fair question here….But here goes.

I have a Corvette that I use Zaino All in One, Then Z-5 and then CS.

My question is has anyone tried this on a boat? How does it hold up in a marine environment?
Old 06-11-2010, 03:31 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cottoneg
Maybe not a fair question here….But here goes.

I have a Corvette that I use Zaino All in One, Then Z-5 and then CS.

My question is has anyone tried this on a boat? How does it hold up in a marine environment?
I've used Zaino AIO and Z-2 on my kayaks to protect them and keep them from getting stains from different things in the water and have also used it on my brand new travel trailer since it lives outside in a storage facility.

I've had great results with using it on my kayaks for the past year or so and so far after 3 months the travel trailer is still beading so I'm a happy camper.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:29 PM
22 Velocity
Heel & Toe

Default Zaino question

Cottonegg, From 1986 till 2006, I owned the attached 22' Velocity. I built up many coats of Zaino Z2 on it. As soon as I would pull it out at the launch ramp, I would spray it down with a spray bottle of water, dry it with a microfiber and then hit it with a coat of Z6. On the front deck I would leave an area about 2' wide that I didn't put any sealant on it, otherwise when you get on the deck to get ropes etc. you would fly overboard. I used Zaino on the 300 merc outboard and on the white trailer. I used to get a lot of compliments. Frank
Old 06-11-2010, 05:34 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

imo your better off using duragloss 501 on your boat (try it on your car, it looks amazing)
Old 06-11-2010, 05:44 PM
22 Velocity
Heel & Toe

Cottoneg, for whatever reason, this forum is not allowing me to post an attachment even when I use post reply or start a new thread,any thoughts. Frank
Old 06-12-2010, 08:40 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,569 Likes on 2,165 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I have used Zaino for a few years on my boat. It sits in the water at my dock for 6 months of the year and the Zaino keeps it looking great, despite all the seagull bombs and algae. I use the AIO as it cleans some of the stains off. I then go with the Clear Sealant and Z8. I use Z6 for regular maintenance.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:28 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Yes, I have turned a few of my boating buddies on to Zaino and they all love it.

Carl Voelm who is the NJ Zaino rep also has a LOT of boater Zaino customers.

Try it, you will love it on your boat.

Viking yacht also puts Zaino on all of their boats before they leave the factory. Drop JPM a PM since he works for them, he can fill you in. They were a 3m user before Zaino. If it is good enough for million dollar yachts...
Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 AM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Before I jump into this, I would like to say that I work for Viking Yachts in New Jersey. www.vikingyachts.com
I have done extensive testing between Zaino and 3M Marine products over the last year or so.
I have performed excelerated enviormental chamber testing, equivalent to 1 year in the weather with Zaino AIO, Zaino Z5P, Zaino ZPC, 3M Paste Wax, 3M FINESSE IT, 3M Marine Compound and 3M Scotchguard Liquid Wax.
The outcome of the above testing showed Zaino to outlast any 3M product introduced for testing by 3 to 4 months and in some cases 5 before failure of the 3M product.

Our facility produces the finest high end sport fishing yachts in the world and has used 3M for many years but this testing turned heads and made us wonder if this was they way to go.

We applied and tested Zaino Fusion, Zaino AIO and Zaino Z5pro to our 64 Demo that was due for our Miami boat show and the results were fantastic. Granted the gloss readings were within points of the 3M application but the longevity of Zaino could not be beat.

The application used at Viking is below
*Zaino Fusion "If needed for fine scratches" / Yello Lake Country Pad
*Zaino AIO / White Lake Country Pad
*Zaino Z5 pro / Black Lake Country Pad
This was applied with a Dewalt rotary set at 1000

This process was proven to work over the year of testing and IMHO cant be beat!

It was so good we even tried it in our Corian department with the same fantastic results, thus replacing the Novus 1, Novus 2 and Novus 3 that was used to buff and shine our corian counter tops.

In the end, if you think Zaino does a great job on cars, you should try it on your boat without a worry.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me
I have attached some pictures of the final product after the Zaino steps.

Best Regards
John

Old 06-15-2010, 04:38 AM
cottoneg
Drifting

Received 182 Likes on 121 Posts

No doubt the shine is impressive. But I was more interested in how long it lasted. My current practice is to wash, wax with Gerrys paste wax. I cleans well and puts on a coat of wax. The Collinite Paste Fleetwax (No. 885), follows and has been pretty durable.

However, for my cars I do Zaino all in one, Z-5 and now CS. It last almost through the winters of New York.

Salt water is tough on everything. I noticed after four fluke trips, the water is not beading well on the side (forget the bottom of the hull). Plus a durable coat around the center console would be great when the fish dirty the inside spitting up sand eels, not to mention the blood.

I just have to be careful what I wax. In the wrong spots wax on a boat can be deadly.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:32 AM
mvcrash
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPM@AutoBuffs
Before I jump into this, I would like to say that I work for Viking Yachts in New Jersey. www.vikingyachts.com
I have done extensive testing between Zaino and 3M Marine products over the last year or so.
I have performed excelerated enviormental chamber testing, equivalent to 1 year in the weather with Zaino AIO, Zaino Z5P, Zaino ZPC, 3M Paste Wax, 3M FINESSE IT, 3M Marine Compound and 3M Scotchguard Liquid Wax.
The outcome of the above testing showed Zaino to outlast any 3M product introduced for testing by 3 to 4 months and in some cases 5 before failure of the 3M product.

Our facility produces the finest high end sport fishing yachts in the world and has used 3M for many years but this testing turned heads and made us wonder if this was they way to go.

We applied and tested Zaino Fusion, Zaino AIO and Zaino Z5pro to our 64 Demo that was due for our Miami boat show and the results were fantastic. Granted the gloss readings were within points of the 3M application but the longevity of Zaino could not be beat.

The application used at Viking is below
*Zaino Fusion "If needed for fine scratches" / Yello Lake Country Pad
*Zaino AIO / White Lake Country Pad
*Zaino Z5 pro / Black Lake Country Pad
This was applied with a Dewalt rotary set at 1000

This process was proven to work over the year of testing and IMHO cant be beat!

It was so good we even tried it in our Corian department with the same fantastic results, thus replacing the Novus 1, Novus 2 and Novus 3 that was used to buff and shine our corian counter tops.

In the end, if you think Zaino does a great job on cars, you should try it on your boat without a worry.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me
I have attached some pictures of the final product after the Zaino steps.

Best Regards
John

Do you guys allow test drives of your boats?
Old 06-15-2010, 06:44 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by cottoneg
No doubt the shine is impressive. But I was more interested in how long it lasted. My current practice is to wash, wax with Gerrys paste wax. I cleans well and puts on a coat of wax. The Collinite Paste Fleetwax (No. 885), follows and has been pretty durable.

However, for my cars I do Zaino all in one, Z-5 and now CS. It last almost through the winters of New York.

Salt water is tough on everything. I noticed after four fluke trips, the water is not beading well on the side (forget the bottom of the hull). Plus a durable coat around the center console would be great when the fish dirty the inside spitting up sand eels, not to mention the blood.

I just have to be careful what I wax. In the wrong spots wax on a boat can be deadly.
Nothing outlasts Zaino on boats in salt water, the longest lasting "wax" on boats was Collinite 845 Insulator Wax, used that for years before Zaino, and that did not last as long as Zaino. I have used Zaino on our sport fishing boats for over 10 years, even at the end of the season the boat looks good. The best combo on boats is Z-AIO topped with Z-5, this year I added Z-CS and will see how that works out.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino question

Quick Reply: Zaino question