Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino New All In One...Anyone used it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Vetteman Andy
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino New All In One...Anyone used it?

Just getting ready to replenish my polish supply here at home and was looking around on Zaino's site for the first time in about three years and seen the new All In One. Just wondering if anyone has used it, and if they have should it be used with Z-2 or Z-5 or does it stand alone fine? Thanks.

HAPPY MOTORING!!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:06 PM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by Vetteman Andy
Just getting ready to replenish my polish supply here at home and was looking around on Zaino's site for the first time in about three years and seen the new All In One. Just wondering if anyone has used it, and if they have should it be used with Z-2 or Z-5 or does it stand alone fine? Thanks.

HAPPY MOTORING!!!!
Great for my Daily driver
Old 08-16-2009, 12:12 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

It is also a great foundation for Z2p or Z5p and eliminates the need for ZFX providing you do not want to apply multiple coats at once. It leaves a great finish for the Z2p and Z5p to bond to. I highly recommend it.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Onyasix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vetteman Andy

HAPPY MOTORING!!!!
Even though Zaino states that you can use AIO as a base layer for Z-5 and Z-2, I feel that the intent of the product was for those users that do not want to spend the time and effort of the Z-2/Z-5 users. If a cleaner with abrasives is required and you are going to follow through with Z-5/Z-2, I recommend using Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover in lieu of AIO.

If you don't want to spend the time and effort of the Z-5/Z-2 process and need a cleaner with abrasives, go with the one step AIO. That's really what it was designed for.

Last edited by Onyasix; 08-16-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Mobenzowner
Navigator

It is great as a stand alone, a base for z2p, z5p, as well as zcs. Its a very good product that is easy to use and gives great results.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Corpsvette
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 100 Posts

I use AIO mainly on the daily drivers but occasionally slap it on the Vette. While most people scoff at my method, when I am in a hurry, I use the flex on a low setting and can hit the entire car in about 7 minutes with a white pad. Even after washing it is amazing how much crap it still takes off the Vette.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:32 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Onyasix
Even though Zaino states that you can use AIO as a base layer for Z-5 and Z-2, I feel that the intent of the product was for those users that do not want to spend the time and effort of the Z-2/Z-5 users. If a cleaner with abrasives is required and you are going to follow through with Z-5/Z-2, I recommend using Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover in lieu of AIO.

If you don't want to spend the time and effort of the Z-5/Z-2 process and need a cleaner with abrasives, go with the one step AIO. That's really what it was designed for.
Actually it was designed for both. It can be used as a stand alone but most vette guys use it as a base as they are usually seeking out the "ULTIMATE" shine. It also addresses the need to use ZFX as some people seem to complain about having to add a few droops and shake. I am not sure why as it only takes me an extra minute to add ZFX.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:21 PM
0SonOfDreams
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by J.P.M.
Great for my Daily driver
it's on my other 3
Old 08-17-2009, 02:42 AM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

It's a great product for starting fresh and then layering Z2/Z5.

Since it's an AIO, it's got the polishing/cleaner built in, so you don't want to use it once you start laying Z2/Z5 unless you want to remove everything and start over.

The AIO is great if you are looking to remove everything, and get a good base.

It's nice because once you have used AIO, you don't need to go back and apply Z2/Z5 right away since the AIO has the protectant built in. It's ready to go once you do the AIO, but you'll want to eventually start layering the Z2/Z5 to maintain the finish.

Then down the road when it's time to start over, pull the AIO out and remove everything and start a new.

I usually do this once a year.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Novat_99
Drifting

Great one step product. I just finished doing my daily driver with it. (notice the nice reflection in the door ) I've been maintaining all my daily drivers with it since it came out.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by Novat_99
Great one step product. I just finished doing my daily driver with it. (notice the nice reflection in the door ) I've been maintaining all my daily drivers with it since it came out.

Looking good Tom. Z-AIO works great by hand, and really works well with a buffer, I use it as my first application when I get a new car/truck.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Novat_99
Drifting

Originally Posted by hcvone
Looking good Tom. Z-AIO works great by hand, and really works well with a buffer, I use it as my first application when I get a new car/truck.
Karl,

Thanks, I've been doing it all by hand....one day I'll have to get brave enough to go the Porter Cable route. Once the initial layer of AIO is down, you can just layer Z5 / Z2 right on top...right? I'm thinking the Z5 will probably be my new best friend with the new black vehicle.

Tom
Old 08-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Sleper
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes I have used it and love it. Like others have said I use it on my daily drivers and once a year on the vette. Usually leave the daily driver in the garage and put a coat of Z5 on the second day for added protection. I do find however you use more product than Z2/Z5. Nice to have the cleaners and no need for additives.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Blue Demon Owner
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by agentf1
It is also a great foundation for Z2p or Z5p and eliminates the need for ZFX providing you do not want to apply multiple coats at once. It leaves a great finish for the Z2p and Z5p to bond to. I highly recommend it.
Originally Posted by Mobenzowner
It is great as a stand alone, a base for z2p, z5p, as well as zcs. Its a very good product that is easy to use and gives great results.
Originally Posted by agentf1
Actually it was designed for both. It can be used as a stand alone but most vette guys use it as a base as they are usually seeking out the "ULTIMATE" shine. It also addresses the need to use ZFX as some people seem to complain about having to add a few droops and shake. I am not sure why as it only takes me an extra minute to add ZFX.
Originally Posted by ShockwaveTXB
It's a great product for starting fresh and then layering Z2/Z5.

Since it's an AIO, it's got the polishing/cleaner built in, so you don't want to use it once you start laying Z2/Z5 unless you want to remove everything and start over.

The AIO is great if you are looking to remove everything, and get a good base.

It's nice because once you have used AIO, you don't need to go back and apply Z2/Z5 right away since the AIO has the protectant built in. It's ready to go once you do the AIO, but you'll want to eventually start layering the Z2/Z5 to maintain the finish.

Then down the road when it's time to start over, pull the AIO out and remove everything and start a new.

I usually do this once a year.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:04 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by Novat_99
Karl,

Thanks, I've been doing it all by hand....one day I'll have to get brave enough to go the Porter Cable route. Once the initial layer of AIO is down, you can just layer Z5 / Z2 right on top...right? I'm thinking the Z5 will probably be my new best friend with the new black vehicle.

Tom
Z-5 will be the Porsche's best friend Yes you can add Z-2 or Z-5 on top of Z-AIO as you want.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Novat_99
Drifting

Originally Posted by hcvone
Z-5 will be the Porsche's best friend Yes you can add Z-2 or Z-5 on top of Z-AIO as you want.
Karl,

Thanks....hopefully, once the heat/humidity lets up a bit...I'll throw a quick coat of Z-5 on it.

Tom

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino New All In One...Anyone used it?

Quick Reply: Zaino New All In One...Anyone used it?