Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Crazy idea.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:39 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Crazy idea.......

I've been debating mentioning a trick I've been using for over a year for cleaning my vehicle glass. It leaves it totally streak free and looks brand new afterwards. Well Ok here goes....

About a year ago I was using some Meguiar's Quik Detailer on my 07 Ford 150. I simply got carried away and accidentally sprayed the drivers side window. The glass was pretty clean already but it had some streaks and wasn't perfect. Soooooooooooo was thinking damn this detailer spray is probably going to a PITA to remove! WRONG.....

I took my microfiber towel and wiped it just like the rest of the car. To my complete amazement the window glass absolutely sparkled and looked great. The trick was using a very clean microfiber towel to clean the glass.

So the past year I've been cleaning my window glass using Meguiar's Quik Detailer on all my cars... Ford F150, 06 vette, 07 G35 and 05 4Runner! It makes cleaning the glass so so easy and a little goes a long ways. It also stops the glass from getting streaked from acid rain. You won't believe how nice the glass looks after your done. It does a fantastic job on the rear window on my coupe vette. I have not tried any other brand of detailing spray either....

Unless the window glass is very dirty I use nothing but the detail spray and a clean microfiber towel to clean them. One note of caution is that I HAVE NOT used the stuff on the windshields because I'm not sure how the wipers would work in the rain....

BTW Meguiar's Quik Detailer is very inexpensive compared to most other detail spray. Give it try on a single window and see how you like it. I do inside and out with it BTW. The glass absolutely GLOWS after your done and looks showroom quality. I can't see how it can hurt anything as I'm sure a quick wipe with isopropyl alcohol would remove it easy....

OK.. I'm sure there are 100 reasons why it's not the product to use for cleaning glass so my flame suit is on!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:57 AM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

I use Meg's UQD all the time on all of my glass. It won't remove overspray or partial waterspots but does a good job of leaving a streak free shine. No harm using it on the windshield either. My wipers still work fine although I almost never use them as water beads off the car extremely well.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,934 Likes on 4,814 Posts

I use poorboys detail spray on the windows and it does a great job.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:40 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,573 Likes on 2,165 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I always carry Zaino Z6 spray detailer when I drive the cars and have used it many times on the windshield. It works great with a MF towel.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Blue Demon Owner
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by capevettes
I always carry Zaino Z6 spray detailer when I drive the cars and have used it many times on the windshield. It works great with a MF towel.
I also use Z-2 sealant and Z-CS on the glass. Works great!

Old 06-22-2009, 05:16 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Alot of individuals use quick detailers, spray waxes, and even wax and sealants on glass with nice results. Like any surface I would suggest using a cleaner to remove old product properly and make best finish for reapplication. Duragloss and DP make nice glass cleaning lotions that can easily coated once applied and removed. Helps glass stay clean, and protected.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:19 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Well GOLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I guess my idea wasn't very original after all but it sure works great. I've just never seen it posted before but I'm sure it has.....

Anyway it's a great way to clean glass streak free.................
Old 06-23-2009, 02:28 AM
bretfraz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by capevettes
+1

I stopped using Z6 as it was getting a little expensive to use as a glass cleaner, so I went back to more traditional glass care products. But Z6 does work well as a glass cleaner inside and out.

Get notified of new replies

To Crazy idea.......

Quick Reply: Crazy idea.......