Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Rejex and Pinnacle

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 05:31 PM
jptonks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rejex and Pinnacle

Hello all,

My 2008 C6 covertible (crystal red metallic) has two coats of Rejex on it at present. I was given some Pinnacle Sovereign wax as a present and I want to try it out. I want to see what the Sovereign looks like, but I don't want to remove the Rejex first.

My plan is to apply the Sovereign over the Rejex to see how the Sovereign looks. Later, when the Sovereign wears off, I'll be back to a purely Rejex shine.

I realize that if you asked Rejex or Pinnacle independently if it is OK to put Sovereign over Rejex on a dark color, each would advise against this and recommend that you use their particular product by itself over a nicely prepared surface. I'm just trying to see if Sovereign makes a positive difference and to test how long it lasts.

Any insight would be hepful. Thanks in advance.

John T.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:28 PM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

It will be just fine. You will not want to Rejex over Souveran as there will be bonding issues, but Souveran over Rejex will be fine.

I have found that Pinnacle Signature Series is a little nicer over metallics as it really lets the flake pop and Souveran kind of mutes the flake, but the Souveran will make your CRM red look dripping wet.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

you can certainly top a sealant with a wax like our Souveran Paste product. I too will suggest using it alone when possible for best possible outcome and to truly judge the depth, glow, and wetness of Pinnacle.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

I asked Sal Zaino this same question--well, not with Rejex but with Z2, another polymer sealant. First he said it was sacreligious
He said the Pinnacle, like all other waxes, contain a lot of oils which is what makes them appear so wet. He said there really isn't any "harm" in doing it, and that in fact when wanting to put more Z2 on (or Rejex I suppose), the wax will either already be gone or will easily come off with Dawn. But he also said that a polymer sealant provides more optical clarity--that you're seeing the paint in a more pure manner, and not looking through a layer of oils/wax. Made sense to me. It's what you like.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Roughrider
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

A lot depends on what you're looking for from the wax. Pinnacle Souveran is a beauty wax, not a protective wax...at best, limited protection.

Rejex is definitely a protective product and looks mighty good at the same time.

The Souveran will give your car a gorgeous look, but it has little durability. Using it over the Rejex is a good idea unless your car is garaged and doesn't see bad weather.

One of my cars is Torch Red and I use Souveran over a coat of Griot's Carnauba Wax Stick and it looks fantastic...the durability along with the deep gloss.

Get notified of new replies

To Rejex and Pinnacle

Quick Reply: Rejex and Pinnacle