Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Checkers Auto Detailing - Egg Harbor City, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:08 AM
launchp
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checkers Auto Detailing - Egg Harbor City, NJ

Has anyone been to Checkers? My vette has alot of swirl marks and I need to have it professionaly detailed. I have tried to clay bar and polish but it seems to get worse the more I touch it.

These guys use the "3M Perfect it" product line and have been trained and recommeded by 3M.

I stopped in and talked with the owner Steve, nice guy, he said they would start with the clear coat safe rubbing compound and work thru the satge to the swirl remover to the final polish stages.

Your experieneces and feedback are appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Did you get some references from them......?

How about before and after photo's of their work.....?

Did they tell you that they will completely remove the swirl marks or, just diminish them.....?

Get a lot of information and be specific on what you want the final product to look like. It's your money and your car, get what you're looking for......
Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 PM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

if they tell you a price in the 200-300 dollar range, you can bet they are not removing the defects completely...that would be the first indication.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 PM
launchp
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dave1
Did you get some references from them......?

How about before and after photo's of their work.....?

Did they tell you that they will completely remove the swirl marks or, just diminish them.....?

Get a lot of information and be specific on what you want the final product to look like. It's your money and your car, get what you're looking for......
A far as references, just the recent awards they have, the work they do for some classic car clubs, and the 3M distributor.

They had walls of photos of thier work...looked good.

They said the swirls/spider would be completely removed and the car woulld look like glass.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:45 PM
launchp
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EVIL_C5
if they tell you a price in the 200-300 dollar range, you can bet they are not removing the defects completely...that would be the first indication.
$200 was the quote.

A pickup truck backed onto my bumper when i lived in cali. The knuckle head buffed my hood after replacing the bumper and messed it up. They used the "3m perfect it" system and it came out like glass...like these guys are describing.

I just need the whole car done so it all looks the same, not just a nice hood.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:04 PM
steve8
Race Director

Received 924 Likes on 458 Posts

It's unfortunate that you have to be leery of paying too little, but $200 is scary for a full and competent detail.
Make sure you are aware of technique and products used, as well as a clear understanding of expected results.
Try to check with actual customers for results.
Good luck.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:59 PM
stig-zzz
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EVIL_C5
be very Leary $200 something not right imho
good luck
Old 11-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Dave1
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by launchp

They said the swirls/spider would be completely removed and the car woulld look like glass.

$200 was the quote.
Look like glass for how long......?

I smell glaze.........

They can lightly buff and then fill the swirl marks with glaze products and throw on a coat of wax and everything will look good until the second wash. Then suddenly the swirl marks re-appear because the fillers have worn off. Two hundred is too cheap for what you are asking for, the hours of labor required to actually remove the swirl marks should clue you in on the price........

Did they mention what machines they would be using and what pads and products would achieve the results your looking for.....?

I'd check around and price shop the job a little longer if it were me. Get with a local Corvette club and find out who is good in their circles for your needs........
Old 11-13-2008, 09:00 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Originally Posted by launchp
Has anyone been to Checkers? My vette has alot of swirl marks and I need to have it professionaly detailed. I have tried to clay bar and polish but it seems to get worse the more I touch it.

These guys use the "3M Perfect it" product line and have been trained and recommeded by 3M.

I stopped in and talked with the owner Steve, nice guy, he said they would start with the clear coat safe rubbing compound and work thru the satge to the swirl remover to the final polish stages.

Your experieneces and feedback are appreciated.

Thanks
Your best bet would be to call Sal Zaino, he is in Howell, NJ and ask him who is the best shop around for the amount of paint correction you are looking for, he is bound to know. Number is 732-833-8800

Get notified of new replies

To Checkers Auto Detailing - Egg Harbor City, NJ

Quick Reply: Checkers Auto Detailing - Egg Harbor City, NJ