Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:01 PM
0jason@autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

At Autogeek, we specialize in car care and auto detailing. Our courteous staff of technical advisers consists of detailing enthusiasts and professional detailers and our team of car care experts are happy to answer your questions! We'll help you find auto care solutions so that you can achieve the ultimate show car shine.

As a forum sponsor, we would like to offer our guidance and assistance and answer any questions that you may have. Introducing “Ask The Autogeek!” By posting questions and answers in this thread, this will create an archive of valuable information for other forum members and guests to see, so you’ll be helping others as well!

Need answers right now? We can help with that too! Autogeek.net is your source for the most in depth and comprehensive car care information on the internet. We have detailing guides, how to articles and informative videos to get you started in the right direction! These are just a few of the informative links that you will find at Autogeek.net:

Autogeek University – Auto Detailing Facts, Tips & Tricks

Dual Action Orbital Polishing Guide

Download & View Autogeek Car Care Handbooks & Videos

Customer Comments & Reviews

We are looking forward to helping you achieve the results that you are looking for. So go ahead, ask away! We welcome your questions and will work hard to provide quality answers that you need to get the best detail possible.

Use coupon code corvetteforum for 10% off your orders at Autogeek.net!

*Coupon valid on in stock items. Not applicable on previously placed orders, custom or special order items, polishers & polisher kits, vacuums, carpet extractors, garage flooring, gift certificates, or complete wash systems. One coupon code per order.

Last edited by jason@autogeek; 07-21-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:49 PM
WGMARQ
Instructor

Hi Jason
I just recently placed an order for the EDGE 2K pads and adapter kit and was wondering if I decide to switch from my PC to a Flex would I need a new adapter ?

Thanks in advance

Bill
Old 07-21-2008, 06:53 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by WGMARQ
Hi Jason
I just recently placed an order for the EDGE 2K pads and adapter kit and was wondering if I decide to switch from my PC to a Flex would I need a new adapter ?

Thanks in advance

Bill
yes, you would. The adapter for PC, Flex, and even rotaries are all different. Currently the Flex adapter is only sold thru Edge directly and made in small numbers as they machine it into the actual backing plate included with Flex.

Scott
Old 07-21-2008, 08:04 PM
65vetteC6
Pro

I have water spots on my dads Z06 that I could not get off. I tried claying and hand polishing etc (he doesnt want to touch it with a buffer). Well today I tried using the mothers power ball mini that was lieing around. Used it with meg's polish and it started to take them out. I just want to know if it would be safe to use on the paint?
Old 07-21-2008, 08:50 PM
MR.WaynesWorld
Le Mans Master

Location: The real question is; When you turn your car on, does it return the favor..
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII & IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Ok I ask one, I just got my Wolfgang Fuzion Wax and was wondering what is the best way to apply and remove. I did some of my wifes vette with a white pad on a PC but I also did a wipe on and wipe off. What is the recommended procedure to apply the Fuzion wax?

Thanks AutoGeek....
Old 07-22-2008, 01:08 AM
EFNFAST
Burning Brakes

Hi Jason - I bought a Cyclo from you guys several months ago and love it. Can I have another one for free?

Puuuuhhhh-leeee-sssse. Me luv you long time
Old 07-22-2008, 09:01 AM
0jason@autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 65vetteC6
I have water spots on my dads Z06 that I could not get off. I tried claying and hand polishing etc (he doesnt want to touch it with a buffer). Well today I tried using the mothers power ball mini that was lieing around. Used it with meg's polish and it started to take them out. I just want to know if it would be safe to use on the paint?
I know the original PowerBall can be used on numerous surfaces and it was mostly marketed by Mothers for use for plastic and metal polishing. I would recommend taking a look at the Mothers PowerBall 4 Paint. Mothers introduced this as a product that is safe for all paint finishes.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 AM
0jason@autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MR.WaynesWorld
Ok I ask one, I just got my Wolfgang Fuzion Wax and was wondering what is the best way to apply and remove. I did some of my wifes vette with a white pad on a PC but I also did a wipe on and wipe off. What is the recommended procedure to apply the Fuzion wax?

Thanks AutoGeek....
Paste waxes such as Fuzion may be applied with the PC with great results. I would suggest either a grey finishing pad or a red LSP pad. As far as personal preference, I like to apply Fuzion by hand, wipe on and wipe off one section at a time.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:05 AM
0jason@autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EFNFAST
Hi Jason - I bought a Cyclo from you guys several months ago and love it. Can I have another one for free?

Puuuuhhhh-leeee-sssse. Me luv you long time
The Cyclo that you purchased has two heads, so it's almost like you bought one head, got the other one for free!

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your polisher.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:19 AM
roushraven
Coolest Guy Evar!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to buy the FLEX XC3401 are there any discount codes or sales pending? Also, I want to order the correct pads for this DA, please recommend.

TIA

-RR
Old 07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
0jason@autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by roushraven
I want to buy the FLEX XC3401 are there any discount codes or sales pending? Also, I want to order the correct pads for this DA, please recommend.

TIA

-RR
Hi RR,

Take a look at the Flex XC3401 VRG Dual Action 6.5 Inch Pad Kit. We've taken the guesswork out of buying accessories with the Flex Polisher when you purchase it as a kit. We aren't able to apply the discount code to the buffers and polishers but if you give a call when you are ready to order, we can help you out with the shipping. Call Dwayne 1-800-869-3011 ext 212 and tell him you are a Corvette Forum member.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:36 AM
roushraven
Coolest Guy Evar!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jason@autogeek
Hi RR,

Take a look at the Flex XC3401 VRG Dual Action 6.5 Inch Pad Kit. We've taken the guesswork out of buying accessories with the Flex Polisher when you purchase it as a kit. We aren't able to apply the discount code to the buffers and polishers but if you give a call when you are ready to order, we can help you out with the shipping. Call Dwayne 1-800-869-3011 ext 212 and tell him you are a Corvette Forum member.
Perfect! Order placed with Dwayne.

Anybody want to buy my Porter Cable???

Thanks Dwayne!!!!

-RR
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
RockinC6
Advanced

^ How much for the porter cable?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:43 AM
roushraven
Coolest Guy Evar!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RockinC6
Edit: Posted in the C5 and C6 For Sale sections.

Last edited by roushraven; 07-22-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:49 AM
0jason@autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RockinC6
Hey wait a minute. We get to answer the questions in this thread. Give this guy a deal!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:55 AM
roushraven
Coolest Guy Evar!
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey wait a minute. We get to answer the questions in this thread. Give this guy a deal!

Okay, another question. I already have the Menzerna twins for cutting and polishing and Wolfgang Paint Sealant for finishing. I like the shine that this combo makes on my Torch Red car. Can you recommend anything else???

-RR
Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 AM
0jason@autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by roushraven

Okay, another question. I already have the Menzerna twins for cutting and polishing and Wolfgang Paint Sealant for finishing. I like the shine that this combo makes on my Torch Red car. Can you recommend anything else???

-RR
Menzerna and Wolfgang are some of the best products that you can use. The only way it could possibly look any better is if you topped the sealant with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

Get notified of new replies

To Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 05:43 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Menzerna and Wolfgang are some of the best products that you can use. The only way it could possibly look any better is if you topped the sealant with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

AMEN !
Old 07-22-2008, 05:50 PM
roushraven
Coolest Guy Evar!
Support Corvetteforum!

Is it too late to add to my order???
Old 07-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Alaskanpilot
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Can the Souveran paste wax be used over Zaino as well? Might have to add some to my order!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread