Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

FW1 Racing Formula... any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Celura
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default FW1 Racing Formula... any good?

My husband bought me three cans of this from the local gas station tonight as a present for me in celebration of the new 'Vette. Any of you used this before? Is it ok to use? Will it hurt my paint? Is it as amazing as they say?

Opinions are very helpful, so thanks in advance.

Last edited by Celura; 07-09-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Celura
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '08

Anybody?
Old 07-11-2008, 06:48 PM
jeremyttt
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

never heard of it or new anybody that tried it. i am sure that it can not hurt your paint, i say give it a shot and let us know your results, best of luck
Old 07-11-2008, 06:52 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Sorry never heard of it.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
KLO
Safety Car

I never heard of it and I go to 10 to 15 different detailing forums every day on the net. I did look it up and I do not like the genre of products it falls in and that is it is a waterless car wash/car wax type of product. In other words, they want you to use this product on paint that has dirt on it and just wipe the dirt into the surface, no way on earth I am going to do that to any of my cars, all of my rides get proper hand washings, polishings, and sealing.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Default Ain't NO way that is getting close to my baby!

Considering the work necessary to clean and polish to get the paint ready for a quality shine product, I couldn't agree w/ you more! Having a black Vette at one time was an eye opener, when it came to what works and doesn't. NO waterless products for me, thank you.

I like my real lamb's wool mit loaded up with all the suds and water it will hold (no wringing) - wash, rinse, and blow dry (leaf blower works well), followed by a final shine enhancing spritz and microfiber hand buffing.

Speaking of waterless cleaners, I don't have a very high opinion of those "California Dusters" either, for that matter. Based on my experience, the (wax) surface will streak like a bastard, especially on a black car thats been sitting in the sun (even for a short time). Polymer polishes...are another story, but even so...

And, what is this (CF Duster) BS; "...the dirtier it gets, the better it works!" With no credibility of my own on the matter, it just seems contrary to think the more dirt/grit in the mop, the better "it works"...(On your car, maybe, but not mine! )

Note to original poster: Ya getz a big "NOT ON MY CAR" from me. But, your mileage may vary.

P.

Get notified of new replies

To FW1 Racing Formula... any good?

Quick Reply: FW1 Racing Formula... any good?