Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Polish Lok

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 05:46 PM
WHRITZY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polish Lok

Have been using Zaino for about a year now on both my cars and am pleased...but got to thinking the other day......am I supposed to be putting polish lok on between coats of Z5 or show polish??? I put it on after claying about a year ago and have about 10 coats of Z5 and show polish on the car now....reread the directions Saul sent and not clear if I should use polish lok ever again or not? :confused:
Old 12-21-2001, 06:01 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Default Re: Polish Lok (WHRITZY)

Z-1 should be used once per year on a show car and every 6 months on a daily driver.
Old 12-21-2001, 08:23 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

Default Re: Polish Lok (KLO)

Or aprox. every 8-10 coats of polish
Old 12-22-2001, 03:05 AM
Getaway
Drifting

Default Re: Polish Lok (hcvone)

Z1 is the least expensive of all the Zaino products since you use it infrequently and sparingly. Supposedly, Z1 is needed to help the other Zaino products 'stick' or 'bond' to the paint. Given that, it only makes sense to apply additional Z1 every 5-6 coats of Z5 or Z2.

If you have light colored cars, then you will notice an improvement in the shine after reapplying Z1 followed by Z2 or Z5 and finished with Z16. I did.

One thing is certain, additional Z1 isn't going to hurt anything. So if you have a 3/4 full bottle, then go ahead and use it! :-)

And THIS advice is NOT from a distributor who has a vested interest in encouraging you to use more, use more use more.
Old 12-22-2001, 08:02 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

Default Re: Polish Lok (Getaway)

I thought we were saying use less. :(
Old 12-22-2001, 08:12 AM
WHRITZY
Instructor

Default Re: Polish Lok (hcvone)

THANKS for the help, fellas. I love the product. A friend of mine bought a 92 the other day....nice well maintained car.....I was shocked to find out previous owner didn't use Zaino products....used this purple colored "Formula 113" stuff and gave my friend a bottle of it.......I've tried that stuff on family car...it's :bs ! Told me friend to clay car and introduced to Zaino.
Old 12-22-2001, 11:32 AM
silversport
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Polish Lok (WHRITZY)

I have not yet tried the second coat of Z-1 polish lok yet for my Quicksilver car...I can't wait till the weather warms up...(oh, quit your cryin'...it's Chicago and December and we haven't even had snow really to speak of or the "Hawk" blowin' in the "freezer.") :cry :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To Polish Lok

Quick Reply: Polish Lok