Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

applying zaino

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 02:17 AM
OleStraightStick
Le Mans Master

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default applying zaino

ok i did a search and didnt find anything.. even searched youtube.. i plan on applying zaino z5 and z2 by hand with the applicator pad.. what is the proper method in doing this? any link to videos? thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Sleper
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If you do a google of Zaino you will see the whole step by step. Below is the specific answer you asked. Have not seen a video.

Let Z-5 or Z-2 polish dry at least one hour. Please NOTE: Zaino Show Car Polish works best at 60 degrees or higher. However, it can be applied down to temperatures of 45 degrees. It just will take much, much longer to dry. As much as two to three hours drying time is required if the temperature is 50 degrees or below. Also, If the humidity is high. Longer drying time is necessary. Humidity is a killer on the drying time of Z-2 or Z-5. The moisture in the air hinders drying time up to four times longer than normal. Sorry, but I can't help this. When you try to remove Z-2 or Z-5 when it is still wet. All you're accomplishing is moving it around. Kinda like reapplying it. Also you need to use a LARGE White 100% Bath size towel (please refer to my Tips & Tricks sheet on my web site for the proper towels to use) to remove Z-2 or Z-5. Smaller towels will not work efficiently.

To test if Z-2 or Z-5 is dry and ready to be removed. Wipe your finger on a hazed section. It should immediately come off and leave a crytal clear finish. If it smears, it is still wet. You can leave Z-2 or Z-5 on for hours or overnight if you desire. When it is not humid Z-2 will take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to dry. Depending on how heavy you applied it. I have applied Z-2 in the Arizona sun and it dried in approx. 3 to 5 minutes. I have also applied it in 38 degree temperature and it took about 2 to 3 hours to dry. Be patient. It's worth it. Different situations affect drying times. Also, remember you have Z-1 and Z-5 both on the car. That is two products that have to dry at one time. Takes longer. Z-2 or Z-5 does not cotain any oils and once it's dry will never ever look smeary or feel greasy. If you remove Z-2 or Z-5 before it is thoroughly dry and get any smears. Just wipe down the car with a damp cotton towel. This will remove any smears. Don't use Z-6 until you wipe the car down. If you'd like call me and I'll help you out with more info!
Note: If you are using the New ZFX accelerator additive drying time is greatly reduced.

7. After removal of Zaino Z-2 or Z-5. You should wait 24 hours if the outside temperature is under 70 degrees and 6 hours if over 70 degrees, before applying the next coat of Z-5 or Z-2.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Sleper
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SORMj...ight=buffing+4

You could try this link, Good luck

Get notified of new replies

To applying zaino

Quick Reply: applying zaino