Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

A little advice for Black corvette owners.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Toy4Two
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little advice for Black corvette owners.

I've tried a few new products this year and I thought I'd share the news.

Finish Kare 425 Detail spray is the best DS I've ever used. Wipe on and wipe off, no streaking and it leaves a real nice shine.

Pinnacle Crystal mist detail spray is a close second. Wipe on wipe off and streaking is rare.

Pinnacle Souveran paste wax looks excellent on black! This is the easiest wax to apply that I've ever used. I know I won't have the endurance of Zaino, but it looks just as good if not better and it's much easier to apply. This is another wipe on wipe off product.

Pakshak and Cobra Micro Fiber towels are highly recommended. I really like the Cobra Guzzler!

If you have a black corvette and streaking is a problem, I highly recommend buying some quality MF towels. I couldn't use Z8 or Z6 without streaking and now that I have some quality towels streaking is no longer a problem.

Pakshak and Autogeek with both great to work with. Fast shipping, great prices and service.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:50 AM
BATM4N
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Toy4Two
I've tried a few new products this year and I thought I'd share the news.

Finish Kare 425 Detail spray is the best DS I've ever used. Wipe on and wipe off, no streaking and it leaves a real nice shine.

Pinnacle Crystal mist detail spray is a close second. Wipe on wipe off and streaking is rare.

Pinnacle Souveran paste wax looks excellent on black! This is the easiest wax to apply that I've ever used. I know I won't have the endurance of Zaino, but it looks just as good if not better and it's much easier to apply. This is another wipe on wipe off product.

Pakshak and Cobra Micro Fiber towels are highly recommended. I really like the Cobra Guzzler!

If you have a black corvette and streaking is a problem, I highly recommend buying some quality MF towels. I couldn't use Z8 or Z6 without streaking and now that I have some quality towels streaking is no longer a problem.

Pakshak and Autogeek with both great to work with. Fast shipping, great prices and service.

That is one beautiful car you have there Very nice
Old 03-16-2008, 01:08 AM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black, Silver, and White need another coat of clear in order for them to really POP! I have a Silver SLK and mostly white Cessna 172, so another coat of clear is most welcome. Plus, I can go faster through the air with Glare Professional Polish. Their chemist told me it has the lowest drag coefficient of any wax.

Here is a link to their website: http://autopolish.net/

I'm a retired guy and have no connection with the folks at Glare. I just happen to really like their product. Honda liked it so much they put their name on it and sell it in Honda Motorcycle Parts Departments. Interestingly, it it not a polymer.

Here is what Glare looks like on my Vette:

Dan
Old 03-16-2008, 11:07 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

thank you too ... I also am a fan of 425 but gotta tell you to try the new Optimum Quick Detailer. I think it may knock 425 off the shelve with immediate slickness, great gloss, and a super bubble gum smell.

Get notified of new replies

To A little advice for Black corvette owners.

Quick Reply: A little advice for Black corvette owners.