Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

What Type Of Rim Is This?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Sixgun95
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 127 Posts

Default What Type Of Rim Is This?

Need to get cleaner for my wifes BMW rims. What is the best stuff to use ? Any thing else that will make my life easy - a brush for these things? This BMW brake dust is hell!

Last edited by Sixgun95; 09-02-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:58 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

German rides and their brake pads often leave alot of dust on the wheels. You have several good safe choices and each will work differently and perhaps need additional help too.

I often suggest P21S which comes in liquid or gel and will loosen the dirt. You will still need to agitate it with a brush or towel. Consider using a wheel sealant or Rejex to protect wheels and make further cleanups easier. Also consider a Daytona Wheel Brush to get into the inserts and barrels as they get just as dirty.

You can also look to wheel cleaners from Griots, Megs, and Sonax. The Sonax cleaner is quite popular as it changes colors from yellowish to purple as it releases the brake dirt. You might also need a little agitation. (this products smells horrible but works extremely well). The same applies with the brush and wheel sealant.

As with any/all wheel cleaners I often suggest making sure the wheels are cool and outside of direct heat and sunlight. Spray liberally, and follow the manufacturers directions exactly as offered. Try to avoid acid based wheel cleaners when possible or use in well ventilated areas and only as suggested. And if the wheel dust continues to drive you nutz consider ceramic brake pads.

http://www.autogeek.net/tirewheelcare.html
Old 09-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Sixgun95
Drifting

In Autogeeks opinion, which is the absolute best wheel cleaner? I know, putting you on the spot. PM me if needed.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:40 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixgun95
In Autogeeks opinion, which is the absolute best wheel cleaner? I know, putting you on the spot. PM me if needed.
I personally always end up back at P21S personally. That said I also consider DP, Sonax, and Griots to be first rate products. You can do no harm with any of these choices and often times price and sizing matters most.

Oh ... and your wifes rims are painted/clearcoated.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Sixgun95
Drifting

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To What Type Of Rim Is This?

Quick Reply: What Type Of Rim Is This?