Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Spowell637
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion

Anyone try Zaino over Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion?
Old 09-01-2012, 10:19 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Pinnacles Paintwork Lotion has been designed to work equally well before a wax or a sealant. You should be able to use this combination as desired. Cannot wait to hear your thoughts and outcome.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:13 PM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish

Of these two, which is better? I know they each have a specific job to do, but is the Cleansing Lotion a polish or a pre-wax cleaner? Would you complete your detailing by this process using the lotion:

Wash
Clay
Sealent/Wax

or only one of these two would work? I have SIP, but seem interested in using the Cleansing Lotion, but do not wish to waste money on somthing that is not as good as the ISP or equal to the ISP.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by c6vetteinhouston

Of these two, which is better? I know they each have a specific job to do, but is the Cleansing Lotion a polish or a pre-wax cleaner? Would you complete your detailing by this process using the lotion:

Wash
Clay
Sealent/Wax

or only one of these two would work? I have SIP, but seem interested in using the Cleansing Lotion, but do not wish to waste money on somthing that is not as good as the ISP or equal to the ISP.
Two completely different products that you would not use in conjunction with each other.

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish is a heavy-cut polish that's designed to remove swirls, scratches, water spots and other paint defects. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is a non-abrasive polish designed for vehicles that don't have any flaws.

Correct the paint (if needed) with Menzerna SIP and then when it comes time to detail your vehicle again in a couple months, use the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. This will safely remove previously applied waxes, sealants, along with below-surface contaminants, leaving the surface squeaky clean and ready for a wax/sealant combo.

Always use the least aggressive method for polishing paint first. If your vehicle doesn't have any swirls or scratches, then there is no need to use a heavy-cut polish on it.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Old 09-05-2012, 01:57 PM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
Two completely different products that you would not use in conjunction with each other.

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish is a heavy-cut polish that's designed to remove swirls, scratches, water spots and other paint defects. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is a non-abrasive polish designed for vehicles that don't have any flaws.

Correct the paint (if needed) with Menzerna SIP and then when it comes time to detail your vehicle again in a couple months, use the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. This will safely remove previously applied waxes, sealants, along with below-surface contaminants, leaving the surface squeaky clean and ready for a wax/sealant combo.

Always use the least aggressive method for polishing paint first. If your vehicle doesn't have any swirls or scratches, then there is no need to use a heavy-cut polish on it.
Thanks, you mentioned:

"Correct the paint (if needed) with Menzerna SIP and then when it comes time to detail your vehicle again in a couple months, use the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. This will safely remove previously applied waxes, sealants, along with below-surface contaminants, leaving the surface squeaky clean and ready for a wax/sealant combo." I love Zaino's Clear Seal. I top it with a coat of PPII Signature Series, so if I am to incorporate this product it would be best to the following sequence: Wash, Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion, Z-CS, topped off with a coat of the PPII Sig Series. I will clay once a year, usually in the Apr time period. I have an excellent paint finish.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks, you mentioned:

"Correct the paint (if needed) with Menzerna SIP and then when it comes time to detail your vehicle again in a couple months, use the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. This will safely remove previously applied waxes, sealants, along with below-surface contaminants, leaving the surface squeaky clean and ready for a wax/sealant combo." I love Zaino's Clear Seal. I top it with a coat of PPII Signature Series, so if I am to incorporate this product it would be best to the following sequence: Wash, Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion, Z-CS, topped off with a coat of the PPII Sig Series. I will clay once a year, usually in the Apr time period. I have an excellent paint finish.
You got it!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:21 PM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
You got it!
thanks. I ordered me a bottle of the Cleansing Lotion and will do my vette in this order.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:43 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

thanks. I ordered me a bottle of the Cleansing Lotion and will do my vette in this order.
hope you will reply with your real world results after use

Get notified of new replies

To Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion

Quick Reply: Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion