Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Adams In & Out detail spray gone

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Harley2Vette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adams In & Out detail spray gone

O.K. was all set to order some In & Out Detail spray from Adams. Contacted Brad at Adams and he informed me that it was discontinued due to new government regulations. I've read on here how well it work in the engine compartment but being it gone any suggestions. Engine compartment isn't dirty but I want it to look good for the local shows. any help would be appreciated. Tom
Old 02-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Dale@Adams
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I love the In & Out Spray, and have been using the last can I have sparingly! We can't have it made, nor sell it anymore, as our friends at the California Air Resources Board informed us this groovy product is now illegal. If you want some bedtime reading/ sleep aid, you can read up on the incredibly exciting news http://www.arb.ca.gov/consprod/regs/cp.pdf

Now, other states have followed suit. Illinois, where our aerosol was packaged and labeled, has joined the majority of the US with their own VOC regulations, and cannot supply the chemical.

I figured since our company is now based in Colorado, we could get away with selling it. I was wrong, as Colorado is on the list of VOC compliant states.

For now, there is a product by Stoner called "Trim Shine," which is oily, however, if you use a microfiber towel to wipe it carefully after you spray, it can be controlled. It's no replacement for the In & Out, but if you are hooked on an aerosol, this is something to get you by.

We are busy trying to formulate a good replacement product friends, so stay tuned . . . . . .

Thanks for your business, and we'll formulate a replacement soon!

-Dale
Old 02-15-2008, 10:47 AM
daddoe
Pro

Figures...I've kept hearing great things about the stuff and bought a can of it to try last weekend. I guess I'll have to using it sparingly.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:35 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 832 Likes on 394 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I still have four cans left and I am keeping them under lock and key. As for what you want it for, I agree, it is great for the engine compartment, but you can try their VRT. It to is good for that area. I use it all the time. for a quick dressup of the black areas (cowl, window washer res. and collant res. etc). Give it a try, I am sure you will be pleased.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:11 PM
mvcrash
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I better go lock up the cans I have left.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:31 PM
PSU 98
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have never tried Adams' In and Out, but I would agree with Dale's endorsement for Stoner's Trim Shine. Spray it on and wipe with a cotton or MF cloth.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:15 PM
MR.WaynesWorld
Le Mans Master

Location: The real question is; When you turn your car on, does it return the favor..
Cruise-In VIII & IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Dang, I purchased 3 can's at Carlisle I should have purchased 9 can's.....
Old 02-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Ron Champe
Pro

I believe all automotive products that are packaged in "aerosol" should be taken off of the market. It seems like I always park next to the guy that loves to spray, spray and then spray again into the air.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:00 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Is it the propellant that's the issue, or the product? Why not offer it as a liquid to just rub on using a towel?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Virtual Geezer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 188 Likes on 111 Posts

This sux!

In & Out Spray is the best. I use it on my DDs, too. Really works very well in the engine compartment and looks GREAT for a long time.

As I read on another forum: "In & Out Spray will be selling for $50+ a can very soon on eBay."
Old 02-15-2008, 05:38 PM
daddoe
Pro

Originally Posted by IAIA
Is it the propellant that's the issue, or the product? Why not offer it as a liquid to just rub on using a towel?
One of the selling points is that you could spray it in those hard to reach areas. VRT works pretty well for what you just described.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Harley2Vette
Racer

Old 02-16-2008, 07:10 AM
BostonJoel
Drifting

Originally Posted by PSU 98
I have never tried Adams' In and Out, but I would agree with Dale's endorsement for Stoner's Trim Shine. Spray it on and wipe with a cotton or MF cloth.
Have been using Trim Shine and More Shine Less Time (tires) for years. You can mix and match a case directly from Stoner or buy off the shelf in many retailers.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:55 AM
96vetteLT4
Racer

here how to make VRT work sort of like in and out with the aerosol. Make a mixture of VRT with water. Stop by your local auto paint supply store. They have small aerosol spray units where you can add whatever you want to the bottle and it will spray it out. These bottles are sold as touch up items although when I am painting a car I use them for the undercarriage. Spray holds about 10oz. and you can keep using them until the aerosol runs out.....G
Old 02-16-2008, 02:25 PM
jaygood
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I only have 10 cans left
Old 02-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Harley2Vette
Racer

jimmybobby,
that looks like that might work real good. Got a couple of can of In & Out for someone on the forum but I just might order some Bare Bones to try. Everyone here is great with their help. Its appreciated
Old 02-16-2008, 04:33 PM
jimmybobby
Drifting

Originally Posted by Harley2Vette
jimmybobby,
that looks like that might work real good. Got a couple of can of In & Out for someone on the forum but I just might order some Bare Bones to try. Everyone here is great with their help. Its appreciated
Any time! That's what this forum is for. Hope you like it.

Get notified of new replies

To Adams In & Out detail spray gone

Old 02-17-2008, 04:02 AM
PSU 98
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

CG has some good stuff (alot of brands repackage or reformulate their products apparently), but their shipping charges are crazy. Of course, it does come to me in PA from CA, but I end up paying as much in FedEx charges as I do for my product order.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:25 PM
MR.WaynesWorld
Le Mans Master

Location: The real question is; When you turn your car on, does it return the favor..
Cruise-In VIII & IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Hey Guys check it out - http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1945580

Just ordered 8 cans of it....
Old 02-19-2008, 09:28 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Thanks for the tip! They're about 20 minutes away from me, but I didn't see this in time and now can't go tomorrow. So I ordered my 5 cans online before all you other guys make a run for it!

Quick Reply: Adams In & Out detail spray gone