Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Well well paint or dressing

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 12:44 PM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

Default Well well paint or dressing

I am doing some minor stuff to my 1988 Anniversary Edition Corvette. I remember one time seeing some fender well paint or dressing to basically make fender wells look new again. I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw this stuff and so far my online search has come up fruitless. Can anyone advise me where I can buy this stuff?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:04 PM
OTS_UFN
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the same foam cleaner I use on the tires. I give the wheel wells a good blast with a water hose with sprayer attachment to knock loose the big chunks o dirt, let dry and spray away with the foam. Walk away, drink 1 beer, go check it out. Might need to repeat if you never done it before. Once you got the wheel wells cleaned initially it's easy to maintain after that. Back to Black works if you want a deeper, shiny, look.

If the wheel wells are in really rough shape, pull the wheels off, scrub the wells with a brush and soapy water (Dawn cuz its a good grease cutter. Oh yeah,may as well clean both sides of the wheels while they're off too. Don't let that brake dust build up! ) let dry and then mask off the body and wheel hub and brake rotor and hit the well with flat black paint (spray bombs) and let dry (old used car lot trick).
Old 07-15-2007, 02:52 PM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

Originally Posted by OTS_UFN
I use the same foam cleaner I use on the tires. I give the wheel wells a good blast with a water hose with sprayer attachment to knock loose the big chunks o dirt, let dry and spray away with the foam. Walk away, drink 1 beer, go check it out. Might need to repeat if you never done it before. Once you got the wheel wells cleaned initially it's easy to maintain after that. Back to Black works if you want a deeper, shiny, look.

If the wheel wells are in really rough shape, pull the wheels off, scrub the wells with a brush and soapy water (Dawn cuz its a good grease cutter. Oh yeah,may as well clean both sides of the wheels while they're off too. Don't let that brake dust build up! ) let dry and then mask off the body and wheel hub and brake rotor and hit the well with flat black paint (spray bombs) and let dry (old used car lot trick).
The wheel wells are in good shape, they are just faded. I had seen some stuff that restored them to original ebony a while back, but I cannot remember where I saw it. The tire dressing will probably do a good job of shining them up, but I want to restore the original color if possible. Thanks though..
Old 07-15-2007, 03:50 PM
lytmup
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Though I have not personally used this stuff yet, it gets alot of thumbs up on this forum.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-61-in...age-spray.aspx
Old 07-15-2007, 04:02 PM
steve8
Race Director

Received 924 Likes on 458 Posts

It's worth the effort to pull the wheels for a thorough cleaning/polishing once in a while. While they are off, give the wells a good cleaning also. I used a tire foam and it did a good job. Cover up the brakes with a trash bag and spray away.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Dale@Adams
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crawfish333
I am doing some minor stuff to my 1988 Anniversary Edition Corvette. I remember one time seeing some fender well paint or dressing to basically make fender wells look new again. I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw this stuff and so far my online search has come up fruitless. Can anyone advise me where I can buy this stuff?
crawfish333,

As lytmup said, our Invisible Undercarriage Spray works great for dressing up the wheel well/fender areas. You can spray it on plastic, rubber, and metal finishes. It will leave the fender with low-gloss matte finish.

Check out this link for a before and after pic: http://www.adamspolishes.com/images/...n/large/42.jpg.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions .
Old 07-16-2007, 01:33 AM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

Thanks guys, I will be ordering a couple bottles of the Adam's undercarraige spray. This should really dress up the old C4.

Get notified of new replies

To Well well paint or dressing

Quick Reply: Well well paint or dressing