Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Got PC last night, cant wait to use it!--question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Shimy86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got PC last night, cant wait to use it!--question?

I've got moderate swirls on a black 86 vette, just to get some feedback...
wash with dish soap
dry
clay with lube
wash again
dry
use PC in a 2x2 test area to get correct combination of pad and speed to get swirls out ( was going to start with orange pad, Adams swirl remover)
do rest of car
wipe down
wax

Also, I've got a 02' Escalade with a TON of swirls, black, is the clear as hard on that as on the vette?? I want to do it after the vette.

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated
Old 07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
69mako
Race Director

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Take your time and don't be in a hurry, have a beer or two and have fun.

You'll fall in love with the PC when you see and feel how well it works.

I like to use the Sonus pad system along with the Adam's restore finish polish followed up with Wolfgang's shine enhancer and two or three coats of Adam's Butter wax
Old 07-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Dale@Adams
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shimy86
I've got moderate swirls on a black 86 vette, just to get some feedback...
wash with dish soap
dry
clay with lube
wash again
dry
use PC in a 2x2 test area to get correct combination of pad and speed to get swirls out ( was going to start with orange pad, Adams swirl remover)
do rest of car
wipe down
wax

Also, I've got a 02' Escalade with a TON of swirls, black, is the clear as hard on that as on the vette?? I want to do it after the vette.

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated
Sounds Good !! The PC is really the way to go.

If you are using our Clay Bar and Detail Spray as the Clay Lubricant, it is not mandatory to re-wash the vehicle after you Clay. For moderate swirls, I would start with the Orange Polishing Pad and use a 50/50 combination of Revive Polish and Swirl and Haze Remover. If the swirls are still noticeable, then step up to just the Swirl and Haze and then follow with the Revive Polish. Once you have achieved finish perfection, apply a thin even coat of our NEW Machine Super Wax or Buttery Wax using the Black Finishing Pad.

I have a Black '03 Chevy Silverado and I find that the Clear is no where near as hard as my Corvette's. Any swirls usually come right off with the White Polishing Pad and some Revive Polish.

Thanks and please let us know how you make out!! Also, please let us know if you have any additional question.

-Dale
Old 07-10-2007, 12:04 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the clears on GM cars are on the harder side, but not as bad as a vette.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Shimy86
Racer

Originally Posted by Dale@Adams
Sounds Good !! The PC is really the way to go.

If you are using our Clay Bar and Detail Spray as the Clay Lubricant, it is not mandatory to re-wash the vehicle after you Clay. For moderate swirls, I would start with the Orange Polishing Pad and use a 50/50 combination of Revive Polish and Swirl and Haze Remover. If the swirls are still noticeable, then step up to just the Swirl and Haze and then follow with the Revive Polish. Once you have achieved finish perfection, apply a thin even coat of our NEW Machine Super Wax or Buttery Wax using the Black Finishing Pad.

I have a Black '03 Chevy Silverado and I find that the Clear is no where near as hard as my Corvette's. Any swirls usually come right off with the White Polishing Pad and some Revive Polish.

Thanks and please let us know how you make out!! Also, please let us know if you have any additional question.

-Dale
Dale,

All I can say is WOW!!! I worked on the car last night for 6 hours. Probably working to slowly but it was pretty bad. The results are AMAZING!! I cant wait to get it done and start on the truck. I never thought the vette could look so good. I didnt even realize it but it was kinda gray-ish before and now the black is really black again, and wicked shiny

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Dale@Adams
Advanced

Shimy86,

Thanks for the great review, I love a success story !!! If you have time when you are finished, we would love to see some pictures.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks again ,

-Dale

Get notified of new replies

To Got PC last night, cant wait to use it!--question?

Quick Reply: Got PC last night, cant wait to use it!--question?