Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Best and easiest waxes to use?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:27 AM
EmsFather
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best and easiest waxes to use?

Are there any easy yet good waxes to use? I would love to find one you can apply and be able to give my car that wet look in a mtter of minutes. I use a Meguiar's liquid wx now but wonder if there was anything better than that. I am waiting for some product I bought off the Speed channel being hawked by Billy Mays. What liquid waxes or sprays do you use that give your car the shine you want?

Bob

Old 07-03-2007, 10:40 AM
QuaserBlue92
Instructor

I recomend "ZAINO"
Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 AM
cicch95
Melting Slicks

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Check out the Car Care Products section under General Corvette topics. I have used Pinnacle and NXT...both work great and are super easy to use.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,318 Likes on 757 Posts

Zaino is extremely easy to use
Old 07-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Muffin
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Zanio will be the response from 3 out of four forum members. I didn't care for it,maybe I did it wrong. I bought some stuff called Formula 113 from a guy at Ecklers fall show two years ago. It is as good as anything I have ever used.A little goes a long way and lasts a long time.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:12 PM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffin
I think Zanio will be the response from 3 out of four forum members. I didn't care for it,maybe I did it wrong. I bought some stuff called Formula 113 from a guy at Ecklers fall show two years ago. It is as good as anything I have ever used.A little goes a long way and lasts a long time.
I have been using formula 113 for all of my cars-The downside is it does not last long but my cars are garaged.Many show cars in the northeast use this product.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM
kennedys22
Instructor

I used the Zaino clay bar - it worked well. I then used Mother's wax - steps 1-2-& 3. The car looks great. Mother's wax is very good imho
Old 07-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i use the new zaino all-in-one (1 application, 1 step). its very durable and is a snap to apply/remove.
Z-AIO: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...uct_Code=Z-AIO

i dislike the multi-step products. i hate waxing/polishing any car and that includes my vette (how many ways can v-e-r-y b-o-r-i-n-g be spelled??) , and i don't like wasting all day doing it, jerking around endlessly. much rather be drinking beer, lifting weights, watching sports, playing sports, you name it, anything else but jerking with the car all day.

with the new zaino single step process, the whole process is over with in 1 hour. i like that -- because that's about my limit of interest in the whole gig. anyhting more is just masturbation to me.

Last edited by Red Tornado; 07-03-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:50 PM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Rejex
Old 07-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 308 Likes on 138 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

You don't say which Meguire's you use...if it is NXT you will be hard pressed to find better/easier...if not, get NXT...I used to use Gold Class but the difference between it and NXT is substantial...
Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I like that Mother's FX SynWax, too.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:34 PM
onedef92
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by Hot Rod 90
i use the new zaino all-in-one (1 application, 1 step). its very durable and is a snap to apply/remove.
Z-AIO: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...uct_Code=Z-AIO

i dislike the multi-step products. i hate waxing/polishing any car and that includes my vette (how many ways can v-e-r-y b-o-r-i-n-g be spelled??) , and i don't like wasting all day doing it, jerking around endlessly. much rather be drinking beer, lifting weights, watching sports, playing sports, you name it, anything else but jerking with the car all day.

with the new zaino single step process, the whole process is over with in 1 hour. i like that -- because that's about my limit of interest in the whole gig. anyhting more is just masturbation to me.
I've heard good things about the all-in-one Zaino stuff but don't you still have to carefully clay your surface first before you apply? I've heard once you lay that stuff on, it's pretty much a done deal.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Originally Posted by onedef92
I've heard good things about the all-in-one Zaino stuff but don't you still have to carefully clay your surface first before you apply? I've heard once you lay that stuff on, it's pretty much a done deal.
i suppose you should clay it before applying any polish, zaino aside. in my case, the clay bar was unnecessary.

what i'm really after is durability. i don't like waxing the car every month like some people do. 2-3 times a year is plenty enough (although this stuff is unbelievably easy to apply/remove).

sure, the NXT stuff looks great upon first application.....in my experience the stuff wears real quick only after a few washings. i didn't believe all the stuff i read about its lack of durability, so i went out and screwed up to find out for myself. hey now, if you're the waxer-lover garage type then NXT is for you because you'll be doing it 12 times a year.

Last edited by Red Tornado; 07-03-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:52 PM
batwing
Burning Brakes

I'm an NXT fan. Easy to do and seems to last OK for me. Even if I had to do it 10 times a year...it's a piece of cake!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:59 PM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

sure, the NXT stuff looks great upon first application.....in my experience the stuff wears real quick only after a few washings. i didn't believe all the stuff i read about its lack of durability, so i went out and screwed up to find out for myself. hey now, if you're the waxer-lover garage type then NXT is for you because you'll be doing it 12 times a year.
about NXT's durability. As others have said it is very easy to use, but damn this stuff doesn't last long on the car. Rejex is just as easy to use but it last about 3-4 times as long (or more).
Old 07-03-2007, 03:31 PM
onedef92
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

i suppose you should clay it before applying any polish, zaino aside. in my case, the clay bar was unnecessary.

what i'm really after is durability. i don't like waxing the car every month like some people do. 2-3 times a year is plenty enough (although this stuff is unbelievably easy to apply/remove).

I'm with you. I'm a seasonal driver, not a waxer. I think I'll get some clay bar and try that Zaino One Step Stuff. Thanks for the link.

(Personally, I think claying's a chore in itself).
Old 07-03-2007, 03:32 PM
80sRule
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Much less important that LSP(wax or sealant) is the process.

Wash.
Clay.
Scratch removal via polishing.
Sealant/Wax
Topper, such as Aquawax, Z8, etc.

I personally use these products, which are good, but far from the only good stuff out there:

Duragloss Car Wash or NXT Wash
Bluemagic Blue Clay
Depending on scratches and marring:
Meguiar's 84
Then 83
Then 80
Sealant: Currently Duragloss 105 and Polish Bonding Agent
Wax: Don't top with one currently. Could but don't.
Topper: Duragloss Aquawax.

To maintain it looking great; I use DG or NXT car wash, a good mitt, nice MF towels to dry it. And I do a 15 minute once over with aquawax every wash. I throw another easy coat of DG 105 on every 6 months. Takes about an hour.

I don't care how shiny that Zaino or whatever looks when you have easily visible marring or scratches in the paint. Prep is key.

I polish the car out in January with a heater heating the garage. That way I'm not wasting my time waxing when I could be driving.

Last edited by 80sRule; 07-03-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Best and easiest waxes to use?

Old 07-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Originally Posted by onedef92
I'm with you. I'm a seasonal driver, not a waxer. I think I'll get some clay bar and try that Zaino One Step Stuff. Thanks for the link.

(Personally, I think claying's a chore in itself).
good deal you're welcome. you'll be very pleased, i guarantee it.

don't waste your time and money doing the multi-step program with a zillion silly products all over the shelf out there. save your money for beer, its better and much more worth it. one bottle, one cost, everything you need is in it, and it will last a long time. you heard it here
Old 07-03-2007, 04:15 PM
tdellaringa
Pro

+1 to Zaino. I had always had trouble with typical waxes. I finally took the plunge when I got my vette, bought some at BGold. I clay bar'd, All In One'd and then polished --- easy as pie, and the car looks great. You won't be disappointed.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

www.adamspolishes.com
2 thumbs up

Quick Reply: Best and easiest waxes to use?