Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Need detail work in North Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Venger
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Need detail work in North Dallas

Hello...

With all the rain in Dallas, I cannot get the car clean... I've stopped even trying. But she needs a quality detail in and out. Looking for recommendations in the Frisco/Plano/North Dallas area. Anyone?

Thanks,

Venger
Old 07-03-2007, 06:32 AM
jimmybobby
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having JoshVette detail both of my cars this weekend. Look him up - he's done a bunch of cars for guys on the forum. Good Luck!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:35 PM
awahl63
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Venger
Hello...

With all the rain in Dallas, I cannot get the car clean... I've stopped even trying. But she needs a quality detail in and out. Looking for recommendations in the Frisco/Plano/North Dallas area. Anyone?

Thanks,

Venger
Scottwax from autopia...
Old 07-03-2007, 02:33 PM
User 020720
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give this guy a call:

http://www.thedetaildude.com/

I know how you feel. It's been an ordeal all month since my Vette is a daily driver. Drive it to work, drive it home, detail spray it. Go work out at the gym, more f'ing rain, come home and detail spray again. I'm about to give up for a while, lol. Wouldn't be so bad but my car is black and I refuse to have it look like crap.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:55 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmybobby
I'm having JoshVette detail both of my cars this weekend. Look him up - he's done a bunch of cars for guys on the forum. Good Luck!
Josh does some great work and is a member here.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:51 PM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gmblack3
Josh does some great work and is a member here.
Thanks for all the kind words....

Venger, PM sent.
I'll be in Plano, Frisco detailing alot this week if the weather permits so let me know and I'll fit you into the schedule.

Check out my homepage, I've probably done more vettes then anyone else around...
Thanks, Josh
Old 07-04-2007, 07:32 PM
leonm47
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Detail Werkz they come to you and do a fantastic job. They use Zaino products. www.detailwerkz.com you won't regret it.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:41 PM
awahl63
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Just checked the detail werks website and there are a good amount of spelling and grammatical errors. I would stay clear and just go with Josh.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:50 AM
0TH0001@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1000 on Josh. He is an amazing detailer who gets the job done right the first time.

A+ in my opinion!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Venger
Instructor

To follow up - Josh came out and did an excellent job on my car. The silver almost always "looks clean", so I wasn't looking for some huge change on the outside the way a red or black car owner may really look for one. I will say the wheel and wheelwell work he did was good.

The real revelation for me was inside. It looks new, like I had hoped it might. Carpets clean and tufted, all the interior black clean and lint/crud free, and with a a perfect gloss, not slimy but just well treated.

Josh also cleaned the engine bay - I was kind of "well, if it needs it, go ahead" - having seen the results, it needed it. Under the hood, it looks show ready.

So, in Dallas, if you have a Vette that needs detailing, I have to recommend Josh.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:31 PM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Venger
To follow up - Josh came out and did an excellent job on my car. The silver almost always "looks clean", so I wasn't looking for some huge change on the outside the way a red or black car owner may really look for one. I will say the wheel and wheelwell work he did was good.

The real revelation for me was inside. It looks new, like I had hoped it might. Carpets clean and tufted, all the interior black clean and lint/crud free, and with a a perfect gloss, not slimy but just well treated.

Josh also cleaned the engine bay - I was kind of "well, if it needs it, go ahead" - having seen the results, it needed it. Under the hood, it looks show ready.

So, in Dallas, if you have a Vette that needs detailing, I have to recommend Josh.

Michael,
Thanks for the kind words, I'll post up a couple pics. I didn't do any befores, but there's some good afters for sure.
Not bad for 76,000 miles.

You can't see the particles now, but there was plenty in and around the cup holder and ash tray area bonded in by a possible coke spill.

Believe it or not but there was about 76,000 miles of dirt and grime in this engine bay. It turned out nicely though.

Last edited by JoshVette; 07-20-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Venger
Instructor

You can't see the particles now, but there was plenty in and around the cup holder and ash tray area bonded in by a possible coke spill.
Guilty as charged! That cupholder is a spill waiting to happen.

And that's where Josh's attention to detail came through - the car wash guys rub down the inside, but little bits of lint, dust, french fries, whatever, seem to find their way into all the seams. I drive between clients and constantly have to eat in the car (with a stick shift - not easy) so I'm sure a lab could tell you the Whataburger and Wendys breakdown of bun dust in the black interior moulding. She's my daily driver, so after 5 years... she needed it. It looks brand new, just like in the pictures. The interior really shines, thanks to Josh's excellent work.

Makes me sad to see it go... alas, the lifted skirt and aromatic inner thigh of the LS3 means... bye bye. That, and the lack of MP3 playability in the C5...

Get notified of new replies

To Need detail work in North Dallas

Quick Reply: Need detail work in North Dallas