Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino "Clear Seal" It CAN'T be this easy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:05 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Zaino "Clear Seal" It CAN'T be this easy!

I am trying clear seal for the first time. This is nothing like I've ever used before. Spray it on the surface and walk away? I like the sound of that. My only question is....is it ok that a little spray mist hit the windows? Should I clean the windows after it's dry? I usually finish the windows with whichever polish I am using(Z2 or Z5 PRO). Helps keep them clean.

I've seen a few cars with Clear Seal applied and they looked fantastic. I think it took less than ten minutes to do the whole car.

We'll see how it looks tomorrow in the sun.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After you have used Z2/5pro on the glass you can follow up with CS on the glass as well. Also you can use it on the black trim and your rear brake ducts.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:47 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Thanks!

I like how the water sheets on the entire car including the glass when it's applied to the windows also! Helps in the rain too. You barely need the wipers.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:34 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

took me a few times to get to apply correctly - I found best results if I held the sprayer only a few inches from the paint. Not good to apply outdoors in windy conditions - best inside.

Have really gotten hooked on this stuff now - Two thumbs up for sure
Old 06-08-2007, 01:26 AM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

When you spray it do you use a towel to spread it on the car ?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:28 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by vetteship
I use a new/clean Zaino applicator. I have experimented with both mf and foam applicators and they work well also but the cotton one is my favorite.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:28 AM
steve8
Race Director

Received 916 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteship

I have one applicator dedicated to CS since new, and keep it in a baggie.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:25 AM
gwayne
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

You guys are killing me - I have some on order, but I probably won't get it until after the weekend.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:58 AM
ZPirate
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steve8
I have one applicator dedicated to CS since new, and keep it in a baggie.
I do the same thing. Also less is more with CS. It doesn't take much. I also follow it up with Z-8 after the CS dries.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:20 AM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ZCS is the best and easiest product I've ever used.
The shine is fantastic.
I find myself adding another coat after a wash or two on all my vehicles.
Five minute application.
It's idiot proof too.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Mrs. glass car
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, the stuff is great and stupid simple to use. I'm still struggleing with the fact that I can do my vert in about 8 minutes, walk away for an hour and come back to a look that even my wife notices. It just can't be that simple!
I find that the CS like the Z-8 even looks better in about 24 hrs.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
IAIA
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

When you guys use the cotton applicator, I'm assuming you spray the car and spread it rather than spraying the applicator and spreading it. Either way, doesn't a lot get soaked into the applicator and wasted? And, with Z2/5, when I put a dime sized amount on the applicator, the "dry" portions of the applicator (I lightly spray it beforehand, but the areas that don't absorb the Z2) then almost wipe off areas I just treated. Maybe i"m being too particular. It seems to work, but I wanted to make sure i'm doing it right.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

I applied a coat of Z8 to it as well. The shine is blinding!!!

Remember how we had to use Z1 and layer the Z5 or 2 on top of it? Zaino has become easier to apply and use. The shine and durability is as good as it's been, if not better.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:41 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

first spray the cotton applicator once or twice (as the instructions state)
spray directly on the car - then wipe with applicator immediately in overlapping strokes.

pretty much foolproof - just don't spray outdoors in windy conditions.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:08 AM
pennman1
Cruising

Just like everyone else says...less is better. Follow the directions on the bottle. I usually apply CS with the car in the garage, prevents outdoor dust from settling on the car while you apply and gets you out of the wind. Then a good wipe down a couple hours later with Z8 and get your shades out!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:49 PM
jason.fox3
Racer

Default I get my car out of the shop on wednesday with brand new paint, what to use

I am really leaning towards trying the Zaino line, just because I havn't tried it before. I am in the process of getting a boarderline show car job done on my car. It's black with blue pearl. I just want to use something that is gonna last and knock your eyes out. I know you are suppose to be able to put layers of zaino on, where with wax you can really only have 1 coat. Which Zaino products should I use with brand new paint. My car is getting baked twice and many coates of clear. About a 6k job, from a very good shop. Opinions and recommendations please.......
Old 06-10-2007, 04:52 PM
jason.fox3
Racer

Sorry, I meant to post a new thread and some how hit reply. Not trying to jack your thread

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino "Clear Seal" It CAN'T be this easy!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:33 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by IAIA
When you guys use the cotton applicator, I'm assuming you spray the car and spread it rather than spraying the applicator and spreading it. Either way, doesn't a lot get soaked into the applicator and wasted? And, with Z2/5, when I put a dime sized amount on the applicator, the "dry" portions of the applicator (I lightly spray it beforehand, but the areas that don't absorb the Z2) then almost wipe off areas I just treated. Maybe i"m being too particular. It seems to work, but I wanted to make sure i'm doing it right.
When using Z-2 or Z-5 if you wet the applicator with water or Z-6 that stops product from being asorbed into the cotton applicator, you are only wetting it enough to stop the polish from being soaked in, some will still be soaked into the applicator, having said that I still could get over 30 applications on my C5 Z06's from a bottle of Z-2. Clear Seal is different, you do not use enough to get the applicator soaked with Z-CS, I use about 20 "sprays" to do my Escalade, I have applied from the stock size bottle 29 applications to date, the bottle is about half filled, you want to spray the Z-CS close to your paint when using because of the super fine mist spray.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:23 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

I just arrived home from a car show I attend from time to time. It's about 58 miles from here. The weather was sketchy at best. We hit a down pour about ten miles from the show. LOL, the entire car was a micro bead! Not sure if it was the Z5 pro, CS or Z8 doing the dirty work all three?

On the way home I was soaked as well. You couldn't see five feet in front of you. Zaino on the windows is a wonderful thing! My back window was virtually dry. I love that!

This stuff is awesome. Tomorrow if it's nice(off work) I'll wash it and add another coat of Clear Seal followed by Z8.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:24 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Two torrential down pours and the water was nice and tight. Pellet sized beads. Clear seal definitely has it!

I just washed/dried/Z6'd the car and applied Clear seal to everything, wheels, windows and the body. A follow up with Z8 will take place in a little while. Should look nice at the local show tomorrow if the weather holds out(T storms in the forecast).

I'm hooked on this clear seal stuff! It's almost effortless and it's durability is fantastic! The car has been parked outside day and night every day since it's last application too!

I'll add some pics tomorrow if it remains nice.

Quick Reply: Zaino "Clear Seal" It CAN'T be this easy!