Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

IMO, no pix

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
JOHN MOORE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMO, no pix

I finally got around to completing my Rejex project. Have a black 00 coupe, truly daily driven, have no garage, and a ton of trees in my yard here in eastern NC. Washed w/Dawn, clay bar, wash, MIP, MFP2 (w/PC), wash, Rejex. I was realistic about my expectations with the Menzerna polishes, therefore, wasn't dissapointed. However, was pleasantly suprized with the Rejex, especially the ease of application/removal, and the shine. I've tried a ton of products, and Rejex is head and shoulders above all in the ease of application. The shine is great. I did notice that the look is not as "rich" as with the products I've been using (Meg #7+#26), but the shine is there. All I have to evaluate is how long it will last. (With the Meg products I've had to re-apply the #26 at least once a month.) I can truly say that it is a product I will continue to use. Just wish I'd tried it a couple of years earlier.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:15 PM
bldavis11
Burning Brakes

Rejex is a fantastic product! I used it on airplanes and a daily driver that gets a beating from I-95 and the Love Bugs we have down here in Florida. The finish isn't as deep as with Carnuba based products, but the life of the finish is significantly better!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:43 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe others have reported some trouble with staining their trim (Rejex). Did you find this also?

Agree it's pretty hard to be a #26 shine - but with the hassle of all that Carnauba dust, damage to trim, and the significant effort of removal, it really IS time to leave that old technology behind and move on to the synthetic sealant world.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:00 PM
JOHN MOORE
Instructor

Originally Posted by bugman
I believe others have reported some trouble with staining their trim (Rejex). Did you find this also?

Agree it's pretty hard to be a #26 shine - but with the hassle of all that Carnauba dust, damage to trim, and the significant effort of removal, it really IS time to leave that old technology behind and move on to the synthetic sealant world.
I didn't have any staining problems. I applied the Rejex by hand, and took it off with an old ROB I bought from Walmart years ago. It uses the small terry bonnets, and I went over the whole car with just one bonnet. (When I use it to remove #26, I'll use 3-4 bonnets.)

Get notified of new replies

To IMO, no pix

Quick Reply: IMO, no pix