Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino --- Adams ?

Old 06-04-2007, 10:21 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When it takes me 10-15 hours to polish a vette, I use something that looks great and lasts along time. Zaino is the one.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 PM
JohnnyB
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've used zaino for years, but never got the new stuff (no mixing). And I was pleased. I just finished up the last of my Z5 and decided to try Adam's. I just recieved my Show car kit today. I've heard great stuff.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:17 AM
TicketBait
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bugn
Awesome pictures!
gee, thanks!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:04 PM
sebesta1990
Advanced

Originally Posted by JohnnyB
I've used zaino for years, but never got the new stuff (no mixing). And I was pleased. I just finished up the last of my Z5 and decided to try Adam's. I just recieved my Show car kit today. I've heard great stuff.
Your gonna love Adams!!!!!!
When I'm done polishing my car with the Adams people freak out! They say, "Man. That car looks better than new!!!!

Last edited by sebesta1990; 06-09-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 PM
oak3x
Burning Brakes

Zaino and other sealants offer a certain type of look, with their associated benefits. Incredible shine (reflection) and durability are common traits.

Other more traditional waxes, as in carnauba based will tend to provide more depth.

I had Zaino on my C5, and personally did not like the look. Yes, it offered that great shine and protection, but wanted more of a deep black look. So, I polished it off and applied Optimum Car Wax (spray), which is carnauba based...

To this day, I still use the Optimum...on my C6. It provides a great look, very good durability and is easy to use.

Remember, since most of our Corvettes are not exposed to the day-to-day outdoor elements, the hard shell protection of a sealant (like Zaino) is not typically needed. Choose a product in which you like "the look"

Dave
Old 06-10-2007, 10:40 AM
sebesta1990
Advanced

Originally Posted by oak3x
Zaino and other sealants offer a certain type of look, with their associated benefits. Incredible shine (reflection) and durability are common traits.

Other more traditional waxes, as in carnauba based will tend to provide more depth.

I had Zaino on my C5, and personally did not like the look. Yes, it offered that great shine and protection, but wanted more of a deep black look. So, I polished it off and applied Optimum Car Wax (spray), which is carnauba based...

To this day, I still use the Optimum...on my C6. It provides a great look, very good durability and is easy to use.

Remember, since most of our Corvettes are not exposed to the day-to-day outdoor elements, the hard shell protection of a sealant (like Zaino) is not typically needed. Choose a product in which you like "the look"

Dave
Adams Polish offers the best of both wolrds. Zaino has the polymers. Adams has a blend of both polymers and carnauba wax in it. I'm telling ya, argue if you like. Try Adams and you will love it. Its not hard to make these C5 and C6 Corvettes shine. Try using some of those other polishes on an old C4 or C3. One that might not have been taken car of like us Corvette nuts that discuss car polishes on an internet forum. Of course are cars shine! When I put Adams on their car they are blown away.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:31 AM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by sebesta1990
Adams Polish offers the best of both wolrds.

To me Zaino give a plastic appearance....not a lot of depth. Adams goes on and off easily, no dust and provides the depth of color I'm looking for.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:10 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gq82

To me Zaino give a plastic appearance....not a lot of depth. Adams goes on and off easily, no dust and provides the depth of color I'm looking for.

I too am appalled by the "lack of depth" I get when I use zaino products. I mean look at all of these cars I have detail with zaino, none of them have any depth.

I am sure my clients would love it if I went back to using a carnuba. They would love having their cars detailed every two months after the wax is gone. I think they prefer the twice a year plan that I can offer them with zaino.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:36 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by gmblack3
I too am appalled by the "lack of depth" I get when I use zaino products. I mean look at all of these cars I have detail with zaino, none of them have any depth.
I am sure my clients would love it if I went back to using a carnuba. They would love having their cars detailed every two months after the wax is gone. I think they prefer the twice a year plan that I can offer them with zaino.
I agree with you, they don't have depth.....and as far as your "clients" are concerned if they're too lazy to detail their own cars then your correct, Zaino is the right product for them.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:19 PM
mrosa65
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

EVIL_C5

I'm sorry if my posts rubbed you the wrong way. That wasn't my intention. So let's just agree to disagree.

Personally I don't think threads such as Brand X VS. Brand X should even be allowed.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Originally Posted by mrosa65
Personally I don't think threads such as Brand X VS. Brand X should even be allowed.
I agree, and have edited the title.

Overall, I am impressed that this thread has not deteriorated as fast as they usually do

To reiterate the forums position in these type threads:

State your opinion on the product you like and use, without bashing another product or member in the process.

Keep it civil, and this thread will remain open
Old 06-13-2007, 07:18 AM
69mako
Race Director

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Who here combines the two products? I have seen a buddy of mine lay down a layer of Zaino and then follow it up with a finale coat of Adam's Butter wax on his 911, I really have to say the shine is fantastic, clear, bright and with good depth.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:48 AM
BobbyG
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I'm an Adams user. I switched over to Adams products about 2 years ago after being in the Meguiars user for over 10 years.

Now I'm not a Zaino user but I have little doubt that Zanio offers a great line of products that produce outstanding results, otherwise they would not enjoy the following they have today.

From what I've read here and the Zaino web site, one of the major differences between the 2 is Zanio offers a polymer sealant which Adams doesn't.

In my opinion polymer sealants offer much longer lasting protection than waxes but they require considerably more time and effort in their application which is the reason that some will not use them.

It appears that most of the users here use Zaino's polymer sealant as a base coat then their high quality wax to obtain the higher brilliance and depth. The combination of the 2 give Zaino the upper hand when it comes to a more long lasting shine.

If a comparison was performed, Zaino vs. Adams, without using the polymer sealant I suspect the initial results would be comparable and their durability would be just about the same.

Both Adams and Zaino are top-shelf car care products and while both produce fantastic results the choice is up to you.

Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder..
Old 06-13-2007, 07:59 AM
0TH0001@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

Okay here is my view...

Zaino gives you something that no other company can match at the moment. Ultra lasting durability, ease of use, amazing bonding, slickness, water beading that lasts 6 months +.

The new Zaino products offer great depth (as techonogly in sealants advances) and destroy's others in terms of durabilty and gloss. This thread should be titled Zaino vs all others (which Adam's is just a smaller part of the bigger picture). I am not trying to knock Adam's, but they don't make top of the line products. Zaino is a top of the line product.

However, I agree with GMBlack3A, I have never had a customer complain about lack of depth (nor have I noticed it). But even in a carnuaba did have more depth intially (though less gloss), go compare your carnuaba based car next to a Zainoed car in a couple weeks.

Look at how far the card appears to go into the surface, thats depth. If it was just reflecting, the car would appear to get much larger towards the bottom..

Last edited by Jesse; 06-13-2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comments...
Old 06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Once again, even after a fair warning above, this thread just couldn't survive

While I am passionate about the product(s) I use, I just can't understand why others don't just share their experiences, without having to challenge or bash another product in the process

This entire issue is nothing but a personal preference, just like the color of our vettes, manuel vs. automatic, mods. vs. no mods, but, for some reason the passion behind car care products lends itself to childish arguments of mine is better then yours

Let's look at the rule one more time:
Opinions on car-care products
-----------------------------------------------------------------
God bless America, where we have choices and the opportunity to express our opinions about those choices.

You are welcome to post about your favorable experiences with the products offered by vendors, but posting unfavorable comments about a vendor's products merely creates unnecessary hard feelings and hostility.

We don't need the drama.

The Forum should be a place where members know they will be treated with civility. Thanks in advance for your future cooperation.
Let's remember, vendors do pay to advertise their products on the CF. If you decide to use their product, that's great but, there is no reason to bash the products you choose not to use in the process

It's so simple, and it's not worth jeopardizing you posting privileges over IMHO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zaino --- Adams ?